Race for the Galaxy 1 on 1 Galactic Master Challenge

I’m sorry to ask because it’s probably super dumb and I should know…but what are the icons near the names and how do I get one? :slight_smile:

The icons near the names are the icons that go into the icon list, currently:
:rocket: :aries::smirk_cat::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick:
The first icon: :rocket: is for this challenge: Race for the Galaxy 1 on 1 Galactic Master Challenge.
The remaining icons are the last 12 winners with the icon on the left being the most recent. When a new game is completed the Galactic Master places their icon just to the right of the :rocket: and takes the last icon on the right off the list (unless it is their own, then they remove the oldest icon of another person). So the list has at most 12 icons.

This will continue until people get tired or playing or someone manages to get all 12 icons.

You can get your own icon by sending $19.95 to… Well, actually you just decide what icon you want to use. Preferably, use the same icon for every challenge thread. You can copy and paste the icon list, and you will see that the icons are just a word with a colon on either side. “:rocket :” (in this case I’ve added a space after the word so you can actually see the text, without the space the rocket appears). The icons can be found under the smiley where there are formatting options for your post.

3 Likes

Thank you!

sometimes all pieces just keep falling into places.
the score can’t tell this kind of story. that’s why i didn’t care to tell it :upside_down_face:
unimportant. no need to be traumatized. is just happens from time to time.
i had not much of a chance in our league game as well (27-47).

hello, @Jules, our game keeps crashing for me in the very moment i press OK to send my round 8 actions.
no matter what action i choose. i’ve tried them all.

i’m in contact with developer Jeff Gates, and he has said they will investigate.
one of the very rare (all the league games went by without a single crash or bug) crash issues in RftG.

do you see an option for you to overtake my 11 point lead in your last turn?
i wanted to take ‘explore’ for 7-2 or 11-1 cards, trying to find a good military world for exploiting my 7 military strength.
i could score 3 secured points as is now.

I made my moves and when I checked later it still said it was my turn in the screen with the games I have currently running. So i went into our game to check what was wrong. My actions where still taken, but now there was a button with pass, which I pressed. The last action I did before checking in again, which might have caused the crash perhaps, was the consume power on gambling world. I lost the gamble and after that it was your turn.

I wanted to explore and play my “Galactic Federation” for 10 points this turn. So still a close game if you would have explored a useful card

so let’s hope the Devs can fix it. i will forward the new info to them.
if not possible we should play a rematch, ok?

the very same “Gambling World crash” just happened in the 3P Challenge.

as proposed by @Snotty128 we should avoid to use that card till a fix comes out.

Sure. I will send you an invite @JammaTal so we can start a new game while waiting for a dev response. If we get a fix for the current match we can finish that and let that one decide who will be the Galactic Master. If we finish the second one first then that game will decide our fate. That way we can speed things up a bit for the contestants next in line.

Edit: cant start a new game at the moment. Servers are offline. (So maybe they are fixing things)
How can I send them a crash rapport?

i was buffled too that i could not find a crash report option inside the game nor on the TempleGates website. and the app support button in appstore just sends you there :rolling_eyes:

but the Dev is in a Slack Forum i’m in, so i sent him screenshots from the game and the whole log. and he got the crash data files from apple (by “share with developers”).
but it seems those games are corrupted and can’t be fixed. that’s what Jeff Gates has answered to Rob on the same crash in Rob’s 3P.
and our game is still crashing after the server relaunch.

i will send an invite.
we all should stay clear of Gambling World till a fix is confirmed.

the “Gambling World bug” really put some stress on us and seriously delayed this challenge thread.
the corrupted game could not be fixed so we had to play a second game.

but now it’s done. in a very close and good game i could defend my title and will send an invite to Hardco.

:rocket: :aries::aries::smirk_cat::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::hatching_chick::hatching_chick:

next title match vs @Hardco :hatching_chick:

Challenger list:

jason1002 :game_die:
zebracadabee :bee:
Pitta
KYakerDude :surfer:
Snotty128 :four_leaf_clover:
js619 :oncoming_police_car:
geigerm : :baseball:
SleepingGiant :sunrise_over_mountains:
mhatke :race_car:
JMH.75 :smirk_cat:
Jules :chicken:

beware the Gambling World Bug! please don’t use the Gambling World’s action.

1 Like

I never really wanted to use it in the past, but I did just use it a few times in a recent game. It worked no problems. I wonder what the issue is. Or if it is on the server side.

maybe it has been fixed when the server was down for some hours not long ago?
or did you keep winning a card?
seems only to crash when losing the ante.

I both won and didn’t win cards. So maybe it was the server.

that would be great!
wouldn’t like the idea that such a perfect app has to suffer from a game crashing bug.

in a GG i could defend my title and will send an invite to jason1002.

:rocket: :aries::aries::aries::smirk_cat::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::hatching_chick:

next title match vs @jason1002 :game_die:

Challenger list:

zebracadabee :bee:
Pitta
Hardco :hatching_chick:

While I didn’t see myself winning at this point, it was very annoying to double-tap skip my Settle phase when the game was within a couple points…

ouch :persevere:

and i wondered which change of course might have been the reason for a “pass” and was waiting for what might come upon me.

close race from start to finish line. GG jason!

:rocket: :aries::aries::aries::aries::smirk_cat::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains:

next title match vs @Zebracadabra :bee:

Challenger list:

Pitta
Hardco :hatching_chick:
jason1002 :game_die:

1 Like

The sun is setting on my empire… For now…

always such a bitter experience to see beloved icons going down :persevere:
KYaker’s achievement to win the whole dirty dozen in the Potion Explosion line was truly stunning!

1 Like