Race for the Galaxy 1 on 1 Galactic Master Challenge

hardco (35) over @Geigerm (22)

The game was over in no time. I had a low cost hand, started with +1 military and got out the double Settle development. I proceeded to dump a bunch of low military planets on the board, and the game ended with geigerm having only half of his tableau full.

:rocket: :hatching_chick::baseball::baseball::four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover::black_joker::game_die::game_die::game_die::game_die::game_die::aries:
next title match vs @jmh.75
JMH.75
JammaTal :aries:
Jules :chicken:
Zebracadabra :bee:
Sleeping Giant
jason1002 :game_die:
KYakerDude :surfer:
TheDukester :black_joker:
Snotty128 :four_leaf_clover:
Js619 :oncoming_police_car:
geigerm :baseball:

1 Like

hardco (40) over @JMH.75 (37)

Close match the whole way through! JMH.75 was ahead by 2 going into the last round with both of us have lean hands, but I managed to drop a 6 development and a rebel world for 12 points and a narrow victory.

:rocket: :hatching_chick::hatching_chick::baseball::baseball::four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover::black_joker::game_die::game_die::game_die::game_die::game_die::
next title match vs @JammaTal

Sleeping Giant
JMH.75

hardco (48) over @jammatal (30)
I got a bunch of cheap planets out, and at one point it seemed like Jammatal Produced when it was better for me. I finished with a second Produce with a Consume x2 for a bunch of victory points.

:rocket::hatching_chick: :hatching_chick::hatching_chick::baseball::baseball::four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover::black_joker::game_die::game_die::game_die::game_die:
next title match vs @jules

Sleeping Giant
JMH.75

Going on holiday tonight. So it’s better to skip me and put me back on the bottem of the list.

:rocket::hatching_chick: :hatching_chick::hatching_chick::baseball::baseball::four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover::black_joker::game_die::game_die::game_die::game_die:
next title match vs @SleepingGiant

Sleeping Giant
JMH.75

Excellent game @hardco, but I finally get to post a glyph.
I was holding improved logistics from last turn and figured you would likely do 2 settlement phases since you had the lead and military advantage until then.

:rocket::sunrise_over_mountains::hatching_chick: :hatching_chick::hatching_chick::baseball::baseball::four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover::black_joker::game_die::game_die::game_die:
next title match vs @jason1002

JMH.75

Yeah, it took me a while to get anything going… I thought I was going to scrape by at the end with the last couple military planets going with the Rebel development, but even if you hadn’t stolen the Novelty/Rare earth goal away I would have still come up short!

From my side, it looked like you were cutting up my armies like Achilles in the Trojan war, so I had to aim my last arrows for the heel.

GG @jason1002
56-52 and came down to some last round goal stealing and risk-taking.
Wasn’t sure if you want to be re-added or if @Zebracadabra wants to jump back in the queue?

:rocket::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::hatching_chick: :hatching_chick::hatching_chick::baseball::baseball::four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover::black_joker::game_die::game_die:
next title match vs @KYakerDude

JMH.75

1 Like

He sure does! Love this game!

I’m sorry guys…can I enter the fray or is it too late?

My code is: W3YZBJ22

1 Like

you’re welcome Pitta! let me run an update of the queue:

titleholder Gentle…uhm…Sleeping Giant

:rocket: :sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::baseball::baseball::four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover::black_joker::game_die::game_die:

next title match vs @KYakerDude :surfer:

JMH.75
zebracadabee :bee:
Pitta

Hey, how did I get dropped from the queue?!

oops, it happened long ago when Giant did not put you back on the list automatically when announcing his win.

normally the loser must declare that he wants to go back to the list and post an updated list.
i had started to put the loser back to the list with an (?) sign.
some other winners followed this way, but it was never officially approved, or @KYakerDude?

if you wanted to go back to the queue all the time you might be reinstalled to a place behind Jules :chicken: (the chicken connection).
but organizer KYaker must decide on that.

1 Like

Lets just default to putting the loser back on the list. However, if someone is not interested in playing anymore, and eventually cycles back to the top of the list, then we are all waiting for a non-player. To mitigate this, you must accept a challenge within 24 hours or you are booted off the list. You can always put yourself back on.

Please announce if you don’t want to be on the list anymore.

:rocket: :sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::baseball::baseball::four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover::black_joker::game_die::game_die:

next title match vs @KYakerDude :surfer:

JMH.75
Hardco :hatching_chick:
zebracadabee :bee:
Pitta

1 Like

Thanks for add.
So…just to be sure I got it right…you climb the ‘ladder’ till you have to invite for a game the designated person (top of the ladder), and the loser is kicked at the end of the list…rinse and repeat, right?

So next ‘challenge’ will be KyakerDude vs TheDukester, with TheDukester inviting him on his preferred type of game/expansions?

You got it, except the title holder is Sleeping Giant, who has sent me a challenge, not TheDukester.

I see thanks. :slight_smile:
Looking forward to play with you all!!!

He’s already failing in his duties as Galactic Overlord!

Lol, didn’t realize that was part of the job, I will try to help maintain the queue better.