Pathfinder Adventures moving to PC/Mac in 2 weeks

Originally published at: http://statelyplay.com/2017/05/31/pathfinder-adventures-moving-to-pcmac-in-2-weeks/

iOS Universal, Android, PC/Mac •

Close your eyes and empty your mind, we’re going on a journey into the past. Falling…falling we watch the time pass by until we reach…yesterday. Oh, right, it was only yesterday when we announced that Pathfinder Adventures would be coming to PC/Mac some time down the road. Anyway, it turns out that road is a very short one with Obsidian today confirming that Pathfinder Adventures would be coming to PC/Mac on June 15.

Pathfinder Adventures will be available on Steam, GoG, and the Mac App Store with the only questions I have involving the cost. The mobile version is free-to-download with the campaign, alternate characters, and more being available via IAP. Yesterday’s announcement included some odd pricing information.

Base Game: $24.99, Obsidian Edition (all content unlocked): $39.99
I'm guessing the PC/Mac version will be $25 to download, but what content will be included with that? For an additional $15 you can unlock all content, but what content? Is that the Rise of the Runelords campaign or just the new Rise of the Goblins content? Or, does $40 include all current and future content? We have a call in to Obisidian, but hadn't heard back before we had to post. Will include the information in the comments when we get it.

The other question not answered in any of the press releases we received today is if the new Rise of the Goblins content will be available when the PC/Mac version launches. Considering that it’s noticeably absent from any of the information we received, I’m guessing that you’ll have to wait to get your Goblin on.

Regardless of the answers, I’ll be one of the first to download this onto my Mac when it goes live on the 15th. I love the game so damn much that I’d rather throw Obsidian more money than feed my kids. It’s about time they started fending for themselves, anyway.

Favorite trailer ever below, with the addition of an Apple II at the end! I had one of those! Yes, I’m old!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Hj55clG70

If this isn’t structured in the same manner as Star Realms, count me out. I purchased the bundle on iOS, so there’s no way I’m paying another $25 to play it on Steam.

From Obsidian’s mouth:

…the mobile version will remain free-to-play and offer the first three scenarios with the option to get the season pass and unlock the rest of the scenarios. The PC version will release at $24.99 for the base game, which contains all of the scenarios, plus some extras in a single package.

The Obsidian Edition will give all of the alt character skins, ally cards featuring characters from our hit RPG, Pillars of Eternity, dice, and other in-game rewards, as well as free access to all DLC and future DLC for $39.99. The PC, Mac, and mobile versions of the game all share a single player account, though, so you can link your content across all your devices (though purchase of the PC version is required). If you own content on PC, you can open up Pathfinder Adventures on mobile and it’ll be there too and vice versa.

Sounds like you’ll need to spend $25 to download the PC version even if you’ve already bought everything in the mobile version.

2 Likes

My app just updated and I lost all my characters…

I still have my characters… but they’re unplayable due to a notification stuck to the middle of my screen about receiving some free gold or something (Image is too big to upload). Why can’t they get this game together???

My mistake; I do still have my characters, but I lost all my story progress. Oh well, back to the grind.