Nomad expanding Horus Heresy universe with 2 new warlords

Originally published at: http://statelyplay.com/2017/05/19/nomad-expanding-horus-heresy-universe-with-2-new-warlords/

iOS, Android, PC, Mac •

While I don’t consider myself a huge Warhammer 40K fan (I like the ambience, but have no idea what the hell is going on), I do, much to everyone’s chagrin, enjoy Talisman. Thus, Talisman: Horus Heresy has a spot on my iPad and isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Much like it’s fantasy-themed predecessor, Nomad Games is making sure T:HH stays fresh by routinely adding more content. Today we get two new warlords to add to your stable of armor clad goons.

The two new warlords are Endryd Haar and Typhon, and I say those as if they have some meaning for me. They don’t. I’m guessing they’re well-known characters in the Warhammer-verse, but to me they’re just awkward clusters of consonants and vowels. Despite my ignorance, each warlord brings more to T:HH, so I’m not complaining.

Each warlord has their own Dataslates and brings more encounter and incantation Dataslates as well. Let’s get some real info from the Nomads:

ENDRYD HAAR

At the eruption of the Horus Heresy, Haar was on a forgotten Crusade and was driven to madness after realizing his Legion had betrayed the Emperor. After the Battle of Isstvan III, he renounced his legion and became a Blackshields commander.

Abilities:

• Resolve: 4
  • Fate: 2
  • Resource: 1
  • Close Combat: 3
  • Ranged Combat: 2
  • Strategy: 1
PRAETOR OF THE BLACK SHIELD - When rolling to Reunite with a Blackshield Unit he adds +1 to the result. BITTER BLOOD - He may add his Strategy to his Close Combat during Melee.
And not to be outdone:
TYPHON

The First Captain of the Death Guard Legion once pursued the role of Epistolary in the Legion’s Librarius, but with the Primarch Mortarion harbouring a deep-rooted distrust of those who wield the powers of the psyker, Typhon suppressed his gift and strove instead to serve as a war leader.

Abilities:

• Resolve: 4
  • Fate: 2
  • Resource: 1
  • Close Combat: 3
  • Ranged Combat: 3
  • Strategy: 1
PSYKER - He must always take incantation Dataslates rather than Stratagem. COME THE REAPER - When he defeats a Unit in a Firefight, he may capture the Unit instead of gaining XP. He may take one of his Units and add its Ranged Combat to his for one Firefight engagement, after which it is destroyed. He may only use one Unit per Firefight.
And there you have it. Both are available in the Character Pack 4 IAP, or downloaded for free if you are a season pass holder.

Apart from the new characters, all versions of Talisman are currently on sale as well. That’s T:HH, the original, and even the single-player Prologue. Sale won’t last long, so get all your cheap Talisman thrills at the links below.

https://youtu.be/OedHatDvRiI