Monster Slayers: If Ascension were a class-based, rougelite RPG (PC)

This is the most fun I’ve had in ages, and it can be yours for about 8 bucks. Pick one of 6 classes, navigate from room to room Darkest Dungeon style, fight baddies, win new cards, upgrade others or remove them from your deck, find loot, etc.

And just when you think you are unstoppable, get annihilated and start again. Brutally challenging, quick to play, hard to put down.

Each run will earn you fame, which unlocks upgrades and passives that affect starting hit points, change out cards in starter decks for each class, give companion NPCs new abilities and passives, add new cards to loot tables, and more. You also get to keep gear you find and use it on your next character, which also helps to make you more powerful over time.

It’s delightfully fun, even when getting your ass handed to you.

1 Like

I read something about this yesterday that it heavily pays homage to Dream Quest. I had put it on my wish list as a reminder to pick it up at some point, as I am having fun with the Epic Card Game Alpha right now…but…I might pick this up today.

Re: Epic, Really? I bought the physical game by accident (I was supposed to be buying Epic Spell Wars). My son and I tried to play it and we both hated it.

I kickstarted it - the idea of a MTG type game without constantly chasing boosters or rares, and with preconstructed decks appealed to me. Regular gaming buddy hated it the first time; once we watched a gameplay video and revisited it, we both enjoyed it more.

1 Like

Yup, my Sunday was lost to this. Very much a homage to Dream Quest (mentioned by name). Only really played the Rogue and Mage so far, but I like them quite a bit, and beat the game once as the rogue.

1 Like

Might have to get it, but would prefer to game on the iPad or iPhone… my PC time is normally WoW

1 Like

I can totally understand that. I usually hold off getting stuff on PC if I know it is coming to mobile. This would be dynamite on mobile, IMO.

1 Like