Mobile MOBA Discussions

I find these games so hard now, as my skills have expired and I simply don’t have the patience for a random team to influence my outcome

I liked that age of Valor from ten cent though

Lol, yeah…my return to LoL was embarrassing. I only played a couple of games co-op against the AI, but it was like showing up to a basketball game thinking I was going to play hockey, being told I needed to play point guard, forgetting how to dribble, and then choosing to put on football cleats in the middle of the game…

3 Likes

Riot had officially announced a League of Legends for mobile. It is not a direct port; rather, it sounds as if it will use twin-stick controls and matches should take 15-20 minutes. I don’t know how I feel about this. Part of me wanted a port so I could play one of my favorite games anywhere at any time. Another part of me slapped that part for thinking 40+ minute games are good for mobile.

Sometimes someone has to not the bullet. Marvel Realm of Champions is a dumpster fire. The core gameplay is t the worst thing in the world with a quick 3v3 king of the hill fight, but the game is nothing but pay to win crap. There is nothing ever competitive when a game is designed to let you upgrade your characters ad nauseum. Avoid this one.

Vainglory is dead.

League of Legends Wild Rift is on the horizon and I personally cannot wait.

Wild Rift is on open beta now in Europe too and i might be ready to give it a try.
first reviews sound like Wishbone Ash’s “The King will come”: The King HAS come.

Yeah, I’m jealous. I don’t mess around with my settings to get into international betas so I’m left waiting for the NA release, which I believe is slated for spring.

Wild Rift downloaded. Seems fun!

It seems I can download wild rift in New Zealand. I was planning on having a productive weekend, I guess that’s not happening now

I think Wild Rift is pretty slick. Presentation-wise it is great, it is generous with the free champs and currency, and it is legitimately free to win. I always preferred tap controls to joysticks but not much I can do about that here; regardless, the aiming is pretty good and controls are responsive. The only problem I have right now is that with no role queue (coupled with a massive influx of brand new players) it can be near impossible to get a team that hasn’t screwed up lane assignments in some way.

I think of you like mobas in any way, this one is worth checking out. Probably the best on mobile and it will certainly be well supported for quite some time.

I am also looking forward to the eventual console release just to see how it plays with a controller.