Metro gets a digital port

Hey Gang,

I just stumbled onto a new Queen Games release in the Appstore, Metro

Metro - The Board Game by Queen Games

(the link isn’t showing up here, just search Queen Games and you should find it)

A nice port of the base game, but doesn’t include any of the real board game’s included advanced variants like shares, hidden owners, rotatable tiles, etc.

I’ve only played 1 game vs. the dimmer AI (losing on the very last turn) but am confident this should be a big hit with fans of pathy tile laying games like Tsuro.

Here is a link to a YT to a review vid of the real game

Hey @LordGek, this is a wonderful post and totally appropriate, and I’d like to play, but wondering if it should go in the Citizen Journalism thread rather than being it’s own thread?

Please move to wherever it fits best. :smile:

as Alhambra by Queen is async, i dare to ask if Metro might be async too?

Fair question, but unless it’s only the game’s creation when all opponents need to be online together, I’m going to guess it does not support async.

When creating a game I’m shown available players (even if not already friends) I can invite to join me for a game. I can’t leave the game creation screen unless I start a game or cancel my search for active players.

As there are no interrupts, I can’t see why they wouldn’t support async play for this.

thx for trying to find out, Lord Gek.
i remember that we had great problems to get an Alhambra game started with friends. UI is a mess (too).
the option to start an Alhambra game with friends is well hidden like a secret safe.
what a nonsense.

Good work Mr Gek & Statelyplay, I posted on toucharcade the other day but hasn’t had any feedback. I was keen but busy, so nice to get some impressions :slight_smile:

I don’t have Alhambra but TreasureHunter is a great game, made a bit confusing by the app. I still love playing it multiplayer but only because I managed (somehow) to navigate the labyrinth of sign up and getting some friends!

Currently on sale for .99.

I don’t own it and I don’t know if it’s beem improved any since launch. I also don’t know whether it is asynchronous or not.

I haven’t been able to make it through the registration process to play online yet, partly because it’s mostly in German and partly because it’s a very Byzantine and Alien and possibly buggy on iOS process flow. The game seems interesting enough I would play more if it is async and if I can figure out how to register completely.