Meteorfall expands with just released Queen of Shadows content

Originally published at: https://statelyplay.com/2018/12/18/meteorfall-expands-with-just-released-queen-of-shadows-content/

iOS Universal, Android •

I’m currently putting together our top five lists for the End of Year Hullabaloo and, while I don’t want to drop any spoilers, you may see Meteorfall pop up once or twice. Just to be clear, I collected those lists before the latest mega-patch dropped, which introduces a new skin, new cards, and new Meteorfall goodness. Say hello to the Queen of Shadows.

The Queen of Shadows is a new skin that, also, comes with an entirely new starting deck. If that’s not enough, there are also 10 new cards tossed into the mix as well as some game improvements and even a bug fix or two. Incoming blurb has the details:

NEW

• Added ‘Rose, Queen of Shadow’ – a new unlockable skin that also changes your starting deck!
  • Added 10 new cards to Rose’s loot table: Corruption, Bewitch, Acolyte’s Hood, Enfeeble, Helm of the Bat King, Devil’s Bargain, Soul Chalice, Feedback, Amulet of Cosmic Horrors, Dark Presence

IMPROVEMENTS

• ENCHANT WEAPON: Description has been updated to reflect the fact that this buff also heals when dealing spell damage
  • ‘Shadow’ shop bundle for Rose has been updated to reflect the new cards added in this update
  • Moved ‘Reset Tutorial’ button in settings so that it’s less clicked by accident

BUGS

• MINING PICK: Fixed a bug where equipment from Mining Pick would randomly switch sides (thanks everyone who reported this!)

As we’ve come to expect with Meteorfall goodies, this one is absolutely free coming via an unlock using gems you acquire on each run. Thus, one of the better games of 2018 is only getting better. No, this will not cause us to add Meteorfall to anyone’s top 5 list that didn’t already have it listed, but it’s close…

2 Likes

I really need to get back to this.

I never won a game with NecroDude and I kind of just stopped playing.

Will have to rectify that!

1 Like

I will probably pick this back up soon. I applaud the design and think it is a perfectly fine game, but I grew a little bored of it rather quickly. Part of my issue was that I felt like I was playing the same game over and over; card variety may help that problem. I won a couple games as the thief and stopped playing shortly after the initial release of the game.

1 Like

That means you likely also missed the new hard mode that was added, right? The demons are fairly tough enemies, at least early on. So it’ll definitely feel different if you come back now, kinda like how different Death Road to Canada is compared to its original iteration.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve missed all that.

Will fire it up again soon!

2 Likes

The demons are brutal, really need to consider taking max HP bonuses a lot more often, particularly for any class with spells.

I hate Cacocats and Salamandrahs soooooo much.

1 Like