Looking for Small World Players

I’ll try it out with the one caveat that if it is a giant mess I may resign.

fair enough :upside_down_face:

Now that the updated version has been released, I’m just going to invite the following to a game…

@irishdomer08
@JaneHatke
@SpiceTheCat
@kennfusion

…to see if they’ve fixed this mess. Let’s see if anyone is able to join my game without jumping through hoops!

EDIT: There’s an issue with those who own the Royal Bonus DLC on iOS (maybe Steam, as well?). After the update, you likely no longer own it, and restoring purchases has no effect. Asmodee is aware.

1 Like

@Mirefox, what a pleasant “no complications” surprise!
i got an invitation banner and a badge on the app icon and could take my turn right away :+1:

now let’s see if Mysterio’s 4P game can do this as well.

a word of caution: @SpiceTheCat has timed out in the tournament game of Raiders of the North Sea.
he might be absent or in trouble?

anyone else ready for another 4P or 5P game?

Do you think he is on the run? In hiding? On the lam? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

well, he didn’t only time out but did not answer to personal requests
in the tourney thread for some days.

i was thinking on something more serious like an illness or family emergency.

Yes, and I purposefully didn’t tell you that I added you as a friend and sent an invite, so that’s great! I’ve got a notification but can’t play until later.

I don’t get notification sounds, which is a small bummer, but so far everything else is fairly smooth. It even loads right back into the game for me, much like Through the Ages. The UI on phones is serviceable at best and the screen looks awfully cluttered, with checking factions/abilities a pain, but the game seems playable. We will see how it handles end-game scoring, but I’m not as frustrated with Asmodee as I had assumed I’d be, so that’s a positive.

Holy mother of pearl! Three of the four members I invited were able to join! Just waiting on Spice. I feel faint…

1 Like

@Mysterio, have you seen this?
it may take some time till Spice will eventually join.
he hasn’t even answered organizer’s request if he wants to go on playing in the RotN tourney,

Well, there is no undo button. I tried to tap the decline icon and I guess I hit the “redeploy” button that is stupidly right next to it and there was nothing else I could do with my turn. Ah well.

LOL, exactly the same had happened to me before.

He’s in our Lords of Waterdeep game and just took his turn in that game early this morning, but still waiting on him to join my Small World game.

@JammaTal GG! Did you get the end game scoring? If so, it seems that everything is working at least adequately.

This did reinforce that I’m not a huge fan of Small World in general. I don’t know why, but it has always felt exceptionally shallow to me. It does fill the large area control gap on iOS, though.

yup, i could see it as well.
i had some fun in our game.
SmW isn’t the deepest game, but very nice for what it is: a fast and furious romp. and there are some tricky decisions about race picks and timings of declines.

for the very first time i’m impressed by Asmodee having fixed multiplayer issues successfully! way to go!

they should send this team to work on multiplayer problems in Terraforming Mars and Ticket To Ride. they seem to know their business :+1:

Reanimating this thread to say, anyone fancy a game of SW?

Ooh, private games. Games with randoms. It actually looks good. Yes, I had no idea it’d been fixed, so that was a nice surprise.

Sure

btw maybe they have done so? because Ticket To Ride is back in good shape too.

Wait, whaaaaaaaaat!?

1 Like

2 Likes