King of the Hill - Multi-Game - 3-Player - League

Thanks @kennfusion–no notifications here either. Looks like it’s back to you. If the notification issue continues we should probably just move to messages to avoid cluttering up the thread.

2 Likes

Congrats to our new King, kennfusion III (me!)

In a very close finish, I took the bird throne from @Codington to take the crown.

Next up is @js619 - you will challenge me for the throne in one of these games from my list:

Sagrada
Wingspan
Lords of Waterdeep
Everdell
Ticket to Ride
Terraforming Mars
Race for the Galaxy

2 Likes

Well, darn it all, I didn’t even have time to re-decorate the throne room! :rofl:

GG!

1 Like

How about RftG? We haven’t seen that one in a while.

1 Like

That is an excellent choice as it has never been played in this league.

As I am the only person with it on their list, this opens it up to the next person with an open spot on their list to add it, and the only person as of now with an open spot on their list is @Baelnor - So @Baelnor would you like to add Race for the Galaxy to your list and be the 3rd in this challenge?

Also, @Codington and @geigerm you may make any changes to your lists at this time.

Ooo now I’m excited! I’m a trendsetter! Been so long since I’ve played this one I’m gonna need a refresh lol

I will totally add race to my list :slight_smile:
Rack it up!

ZSPZTHPP

1 Like

Ok, @js619 - Race for the Galaxy it is. Please invite @Baelnor and myself to a game with any expansions you want.

1 Like

Game’s up!

1 Like

I’ll drop Gaia Project and leave room for a future challenge. :blush:

1 Like

I had forgotten how good Race was - and I think we are just playing base with no expansions or goals?

I don’t think anyone else has ever captured this design with this level of class ever since…

4 Likes

Fully agreed! I had forgotten how to play tbh and am paying the price in the end game, but it is a great game and implementation.

We’re playing base with new worlds enabled. I’m not a huge fan of the expansions so didn’t put them on.

2 Likes

Yup, it is a great game, which is why I have it on my league list. I do like the addition of the expansion with the sub goals, I think they add a good dynamic to the overall game design.

2 Likes

And the kingdom weeps as the beloved kennfusion III has been overthrown by the evil Baelnor III in a Race for the Galaxy.

And so the Galaxy’s only hope to escape tyranny lies on @JMH.75 to challenge for the throne. Is he up for it?

@JMH.75 please challenge @Baelnor to one of the games from his list:

Wingspan
Lords of Waterdeep
Everdell
Brass
Gaia Project
Dune: Imperium
Race for the Galaxy

1 Like

Super fun game, thanks all!

I didn’t think I had enough planets to start the produce/consume cycle, but managed to do it with 2x blue and 1x brown. Lucked into some cards and just set up the leech’s

Last maybe 6 rounds you knew exactly what I was going to do lol.

I screwed up in the last 3 spots of my empire. I had 22 points more in hand, and miscounted by 1 card so could not get my 6 cost Rebel planet amplifier and my 5 and 6 cost rebel planets out. It was just a dumb miscalculation. GG though. I really do like that game.

Gg all. Went with the alien strategy only to encounter a dearth of alien worlds…

Dune it will be

And @Codington’s plan to leave one spot open will pay off, if he is willing to battle it out for the throne on Arrakis.

1 Like