In your kites, Twenty-minuters! Let’s test fly Wings of Glory

Despite the negativity and my perplexities, in the end I bought the game and I’m very glad I did it. I actually spent the whole night up till 3 am playing in bed.
Implementation is really good and I really really like the gameplay…fast, furious, simple to learn and hard to master.

Actually it’s really well done besides obvious async lack and imho fonts are way too small on iPhone (had to use zoom to read them) but after you learn the game it’s all good, everything else seems clear and immediate.

I noticed the game asks for notifications when you log in, so maybe, just maybe…they will add async like in Sagrada.

If anyone wants to try some online games, we can ping each other for times (I’m in Europe, twitter is the fasted way probably)…games are generally really fast anyway.
A really cool thing it that you can co op games.

I didn’t play the boardgame, but compared to XWing vs Tie Fighter the 3 moves in one really make the games super fast, I really like it.
The 8 airplanes are surprisingly very different from each other (I didn’t try aces yet) too.

So far I’m using normal rules, I’m not yet ready for the advanced ones with altitude and such (just did them in the tutorial, seems awesome but really complex too).

Back dying.

3 Likes

Single player?

I played (I’m actually playing right now since 2 hours) the challenges (cleared them in normal mode, not with aces) and vs the AI (you can set up battles the way you want, up to pretty big ones). K also tried online with strangers and while I had fun they all used aces which I’m still unfamiliar with so they destroyed me in less than 1 min.

Different airplanes have really different manouvers and manovrability and I’m still learning them.

It was really a long time since I had this fun with an iOS game, but I admit I love the underlying rules I was experienced with in X-Wing vs Tie fighter miniature game.

This game with async would be HUGE here imho.
I tried just twice full games with aces and altitude and it’s really great and waaaaay more complex than usual gameplay.

Scenarios are pretty varied l, from simple dogfights to bombing bunkers, to taking pictures of the ground and escaping, etc…

There is no campaign tough.

2 Likes

One super cool thing I just noticed: you can change your airplane skin in online games.
Just partecipated in a big one, it’s really damn fun.

Game needs async ASAP.

1 Like

I don’t want to monopolize the thread but seems I’m sadly the only one playing.

Let me tell you, 2 vs 2 is the most fun I had in a loooong time.

I’m playing also, but really longing for async

Not gonna lie.
As much as I would like async, this is the best digital boardgame in years.
I’m freaking loving it, expexially online dogfights.

1 Like

After spending the best part of the day trying to complete all hard challenges (last one is HARD) and playing multiplayer…I can safely say if you are remotely interested in the game/setting don’t sit on the game.
Online games are really fast (3-4 minutes top for the most complex scenarios) and I could always find one (or creating one and having t filled in less than a minute) today.

Yeah async is missing and it sucks, it’s very suited to async too (with the exception of some aces powers) but multiplayer is sooooo fun imho it’s worthy.
Actually, it’s really fun against AI too (and there are sufficient varied scenarios too) but solo can be considered a big tutorial…when you start playing against people (who probably spent last years playing the boardgame) you realize how deep the game can be, how critical different damage or manouvers decks can be, etc…

Winning an online dogfight or bombing run is sooooooooo satisfying, not to mention the 3 vs 3 big fights are pure madness.

1 Like

I just played a 4-player game with @Pitta, I believe. We had to wait several minutes to get it going, and when we did it ended rather abruptly after only a couple of turns. Both enemies exploded, and I got credited with both kills despite being nowhere near firing range? I have no idea what happened, although I did light one of them on fire a couple turns prior (I was also on fire). This one seems a little half-baked to me.

1 Like

I didn’t realize it was you, and yeah…that was the worst game I had too.
Not sure why we had to wait so long for one player to be ready and the game was soon over because you collided with both enemy airplanes and they both got a critical hit and exploded. You must be the luckiest person in the world.
You survived twice and they were both insta killed. I swear it never happens!!!

Do know that both things are selectable. Generally matches are without critical explosions and without height differences, but the one who created the game checked both.

As for big battles (yesterday I had a 8 airplanes one, 4 people with 2 airplanes each) it’s better to select normal rules and maybe a bigger scenario (like trenches). It’s chaotic anyway :slight_smile:
It was awesome and epic, but matches like that usually last for like 20 minutes.
Im going back to the game, hopefully you’ll still there!!!

I had to go to kung fu!

I’m playing if you’re up to. Unfortunately you can’t see who is in the lobby (only if you talk).

Well I’m not gonna lie, I ended up refunding it for now. The low population (on a Saturday!) and janky presentation have warned me off for now, which is too bad because I am definitely squarely in the target demo for this. I’ll revisit it in a bit when and if it goes on sale.

In other news FIGHT CRAB is on Android???

Oh, I see.
Weird, it’s been an hour I’m playing 6 players matches 3vs3).

Anyway, I was wrong, you can actually see people online, just your friends tough.