Gaia Project Supernova 🔆 Trophy League

Thanks!

I actually thought I took that turn lol, my bad… didn’t click the button.

Back with you :slight_smile:

Third division game is done. @Codington took the win with a last-round push.

Good game, all!

2 Likes

GG all - I was definitely playing the long game and hoping it would work - especially after initially not fully realizing the impact of the Bescods “structure benefit swap”. As @geigerm alluded to, it came down to the final round for research, federation, and end game points to put me over @JMH.75 Looking forward to the next one!

gg! to bad you just got some last extra points!

1 Like

2nd division is done! Close game!

First time playing the Firaks. I’m still not sure what I think of them, but they seemed like an okay choice with a lot of Trading House bonuses.

4 Likes

Should have been closer! We would have tied if I’d taken the 12pt federation tile instead of trying to build more trading outposts when I already had four on the board…!

1 Like

This is one of the reasons I like the “2 up / 2 down” mechanism in this league - it seems pretty frequent that the top 2 are pretty close to one another! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@irishdomer08, a friendly shoulder tap for your Gaia turn.

1 Like

Oops forgot to hit confirm yesterday! :flushed:

1st table complete, gg all and congrats @JammaTal. Kinda ran away with that one.

2 Likes

I think that given Ivits have won three in a row, might need to bid a bit harder to make it cost them :slight_smile:

Great game all, I was knee capped early when I couldn’t get my mine spree going and it then spiralled out of control from there. Not have access to QIC as Gleen is much more punishing than I expected!

Back to division 2 to try out some new races :slight_smile:

i had bid 28 VPs for them. not so bad.
but given the 45 VP lead in the end (and the 46 VP lead in the final before) this seems to have been a very moderate bid.

Ivits have been discussed on BGG too, and top players don’t see them as overpowered in 4P games.
i have played some ranked matches against experts and this is what happened in one of those: Ivits totally outplayed!
and look what the (south korean pro player?) did with the Itars! :flushed:
we are obviously just scratching at the surface of what can be done with various factions :man_shrugging:

but that brings me to a poll:

A) should we trust in the auction mechanism to make players pay BIG for playing Ivits and in growing play experience how to counter the Ivits threat? it’s obviously possible.

B) or should we go for a League of Legends approach: each player can ban one faction before starting the auction?

and an announcement:
i don’t want Gaia to be overplayed and so there will be breaks of 4 weeks between seasons.

if anyone can’t get enough of Gaia i suggest friendly games or playing ranked matches.

Gaia League update:

the “Battle of Champions” has ended. (can only happen every second season)

:high_brightness: :aries: :aries: :aries: :beer: :bank: :bank: :aries:

division rosters for 8th season:

1st division
:aries: @JammaTal
:beer: @Schlotzky
:hatching_chick: @Hardco
:bust_in_silhouette: @Caradog

2nd division
:bank: @Baelnor
:racing_car: @irishdomer08
:man_technologist:t2: @Codington
:smirk_cat: @JMH.75

3rd division
:dart: @doublebullout
:game_die: @jason1002
:baseball: @geigerm
:8ball: @kennfusion

waiting list
:cat2: @HolstenKnight

please vote in the poll about banning factions or not :point_up_2:

oh, and btw the trophy is back from engraver:

6 Likes

My two cents: letting the regular game mechanics (faction auction) decide things is better than “house rules” like banning.

A short break between seasons is my preference. 4 weeks feels a little long but a little break is good too after what is usually a fairly intense finish.

Thanks, @JammaTal for organizing the League - even if it is just to win your own trophy! :wink::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

I agree with @Codington–I’m in favor of just letting the faction auction do its job. Hopefully we’re all learning what factions are worth heavier bids, or, alternatively, how to counter those factions if we aren’t playing them. (Not nearly as big a problem in the 3rd division games, IMO.)

1 Like

Same here. Faction auction is the dev’s chosen handicapping solution. If someone gets Ivits for cheap, shame on the other players for undervaluing them.

1 Like

@JammaTal - just about time to start the next season? :smile: :tada:

oh…uhm…seems so.
will start next season soon.