Gaia Project players wanted

just what i have tried to do as well. but thatā€™s not the kind of ā€œclickā€ iā€™m longing for, and who wants to score decently?
iā€™m still searching for grand strategies or overwhelming secrets behind the curtain.

or is it just about establishing the most efficient galactic bureaucracy, working through the scripted lists with well oiled precision?

i will set up a 4P game with the first players who wanted to join.
in sequence those players were:
@JMH.75
@kennfusion
@geigerm

i made a mistake when setting up the first game. i have already left that game and set up a new one with these options:
shuffle players
turn order by passing
delay passive power charging
players choose their factions

wasnā€™t sure about ā€œlast player rotates sectorsā€. useful and recommended?
a must have or too powerful?
should we start from scratch with this option enabled? think we should check this out in a later game.

@geigerm the first player to choose his faction now.

Yeah I know, but generally playing that way allows you to discover the ways to score big along the way.

1 Like

It appears that the Itars break that rule also, correct? They allow you to ā€œspendā€ area II to move to area III without perm losing the power.

I kind of liked having my faction chosen for me in the first game I played, only because I find the faction choices a bit overwhelming. Unsure if the best way to learn the game is to try a bunch of different factions across multiple games, or just keep playing the same faction until Iā€™m confident in using it. Feel like this is one of the issues I ran into trying to learn TM.

Ha! Good learning game - in particular I learned too late I would have won by 1 point instead of lost by one point if I had spent my remaining power for some leftover resources! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

GG @kennfusion @JMH.75 !

1 Like

GG - I planned for federations badly, but learned from the mistake.

1 Like

Gg All! Very close finish!

1 Like

guess i must have missed something.
but i donā€™t understand why JMHā€™s Bescods were asked ā€œto accept or reject passive power gainā€ when Kennfusionā€™s Itars upgrded their mine to a trading station at all?
(JMH accepted and traded away one VP for charging two power tokens)
but distance is 3 spaces, so why?

still learning the game so iā€™d like to know about all dirty details.
iā€™ve studied the faction abilities but couldnā€™t find a hint either.

Are you sure it is not the placing of the second building in that sector which causes the power charging?

hmm. you mean because of option ā€œdelay passive power chargingā€ is activated?

so that message at the top of the screen came up when Kennfusion had upgraded his mine, but in fact referred to my settlement on the Gaia planet to the right?
and all the decisionmaking comes up when your turn begins?

yeah, that might be the hint i was searching for. thanks for the enlightenment!

a very useful but confusing little option that is :hushed:

btw iā€™m liking GP more and more. what a fun game!
the flow reminds me on Lost Ruins of Arnak, although quite a different piece of cake.

1 Like

I also am liking the game. I realized though I need to carve out some time to play a bunch of faster games against the AI with the different factions and get a feel for the ones I like.

1 Like

@halfvoid
I see that you have Gaia Project on Steam ā€¦ have you played it enough to say how it is on that platform?

Definitely prefer it on Board Game Arena if Iā€™m honest. Most of that developers games irk me either with clunky UI or making it really difficult to get a birdā€™s eye view of all the information I want to know on my turn in the games Iā€™ve bought.

Havenā€™t played it again since my first play on Steam.

1 Like

iā€™m ready to check it out on BGA too.
@robthomasson? @halfvoid?

Iā€™ll go on BGA if you need another.

1 Like

who wants to join Hardco and me for a test game on BGA?

Sorry, havenā€™t been following this thread, but got a ping from @JammaTal and I think I have successfully set up a BGA game with him and @Hardco

1 Like

Is there a reason that sometimes my friends list shows up and sometimes it doesnā€™t? Am I doing something wrong?

So despite after learning that you can permanently spend power in a previous game, I figured I would try the Itars because they donā€™t lose that power when using it in area II. But what I did not really understand fully was that they can permanently use it to get a tech tile, which I must have done and did not realize that is what I was doing.

While I still think I like this game, I hate this app and its complete lack of information.