Friday just released. Finally, a card game for my phone!

Friday is a solitaire card game by Friedemann Friese based on Robinson Caruso that I have enjoyed in physical form. The app just came out in iOS. There is a first look over at BoardGameGeek.

2 Likes

Here is the link.

I’m excited about this one. I like the real game, but was hoping for a digital version to play on the go.

Android too. Love the physical version so I’ll definitely be picking this up. (like, in seconds)

Brettspielwelt as publisher. Interesting.

Android version has some hiccups in the localization (german appearing in some places when set to english), but otherwise seems solid to me.

I’m very excited to see that this is now an app. But I’ve noticed some things like German text that make it feel a little like it is not quite finished. Everything works, but the UI is a little funky with card placement. I like that it tells you when you are entering a new phase (yellow and red). However, it doesn’t tell you when you are re-shuffling the Fighting cards and putting in a new aging card.

Overall happy to see this.

Would love to be able to see what number values I’ve already discarded (I usually sort my discard pile by number value so I know what’s left in my deck)

As much as I love card games, I can’t ignore that I’m seeing a lot of complaints about this one being half-finished.

I’ll wait for the 2.0 try.

You can see what has been discarded and used by selecting the various decks at the top.

The game itself works and plays fine. It is just not polished to a level that most of the games we play are.

Update just dropped on Android that fixes the localisation issues.