Fort Sumter TSC: let’s have a fight!

Crisis! A land evenly divided over a fundamental question of nationhood, sliding towards catastrophe. As positions harden, goodwill and compromise fail and the unscrupulous and self-seeking thrust themselves forward.

But enough about Brexit, anyone want to play Fort Sumter? I lose to the AI most of the time, so losing to an actual human will be a nice change.

I sent you an invite. It says you haven’t logged in to the Fort Sumter servers, but I assume it is the right Spicethecat!

1 Like

I mostly lose too - it’ll be interesting to see our matchup! JS619 on there as well

1 Like

I barely know how to play but I’d take a stab at it. I prefer only one game at a time, though, so please don’t be offended if I decline a game. I have a hard time juggling multiple games that I’m only just learning.

1 Like

@Hardco, @js619 -thanks both, invites accepted and created respectively.:+1:

What does the “event discard” option do, incidentally?

1 Like

Not a clue lol

Event Discard is the best way to play the game. Tap or click on Gameplay Info just below the Event Discard toggle on the Create Game screen to read a summary of the rules.

It allow you to play the Event on the top card of the discard pile on your turn if that card is your Event by discarding a card of equal of greater value from your hand. It leads to some interesting decisions on which card to hold at the end of your turn because you don’t want your opponent to be able to play an Event.

1 Like

Whoa. I feel like I’ve been missing a whole dimension to this game! (as if I need more help losing)

I don’t recall reading that anywhere in the in-game rulebook. Did I just miss it?

The variant was available in the initial release, but it wasn’t included in the rulebook. It was added in the update that went out a few weeks ago.

@SpiceTheCat

Thanks for the invite! I’m going to accept but I need a day to go through the tutorial a couple of times. I hope I don’t give you too boring a game because I don’t have a clue what I’m doing!

1 Like

No worries :slight_smile: I’m currently on one win from 4 games so far (2 losses to @Hardco) so i don’t have a huge head start on you…