[FINAL RESULTS] SP Race for the Galaxy Three-Man Challenge

My only foray into 3 player RftG was ignominious. So I need the practice.

Please add me to the stellar line-up … it is always a pleasure to play against such a great gaggle of gamers.

Okay, here we go.

The first step: we are all getting numbers. You’ll need to remember your number, because that’s how the table assignments will be made. This will save me much typing time:

1: TheDukester
2: Jason
3: JammaTal
4: KyakerDude
5: Zebracadabra
6: JaneHatke
7: Whovian
8: Pitta
9: IrishDomer
10: GeigerM
11: SleepingGiant
12: Baelnor
13: Snotty
14: HardCo
15: RobGoose-a-son

Please make a note of, or just memorize, your number.

Fifteen gives us a nice number of even rounds … even though the “rounds” themselves are sort of mythical. There was never a chance we’d all play everyone else. But, still, it’s nice when everything squares off.

We’ll shoot for eight rounds. Each round will have five three-player tables. Points will be awarded on a 4-2-1 basis.

Okay, here we go.

Here’s table assignments for the first two rounds to get us started. The matchups are in three-player groups and look like x-y-z. If you are the first player mentioned – the X – then you should create the game (remember, no takeovers). For instance, in our very first game below, player 9 is mentioned first and therefore should create the game.

Feel free to play both of your games simultaneously. Later this week, I’ll post rounds 3 and 4.

Round 1
9-12-11
5-15-2
6-7-8
3-14-13
4-1-10

Round 2
7-4-13
12-1-2
6-5-14
9-11-15
10-8-3

@Baelnor what is your friend code?

Thanks!

Invites are out for both of my matches.

GLTIYA99

Friend code

Thanks @Baelnor. Both of my invites are out. Good luck to all.

Thanks for organizing @TheDukester

Just took my first turn. This thing is ON.

i got a notification for an invitation to a RftG game, but can’t see it inside of RftG.
i suppose it might have been the 3P invitation sent by @geigerm?
i know this quite well. happens if my old code is used.

geigerm, you should delete me from your friends list and then copy & paste my new code 4G68I3YY for sending a fresh invite.

we have played our league game recently. but i think i had created that game.

@JammaTal Yup, that’s what happened. Just created a new game with @Pitta and you.

@jason1002@Baelnor … why aren’t we going yet?

I see someone started our game, dukester.

I deleted it and tried again.

So, that’s you and I in there? If so … where are you, @Baelnor?

I’ve not received an invite from @whovian223 yet

Go ahead and make it yourself, then.

Also, all players, see new policy below.

NEW POLICY

If the designated player has not sent out invites within two days of a table being announced, either of the other two players may start the game.

Sidebar: Surprised this is happening … let’s go, guys and gals. You signed up; now it’s time to follow through.

Sorry guys. I’ve been away from the computer for a bit (my “unread” part of the site is pretty lengthy right now) and I also thought it was said we didn’t have to do both games at the same time.

So I didn’t worry about it.

Invites sent now.

That is a good point. And you did read everything correctly.

I just assumed everyone would want to play both at once. But maybe not.

I know that I do, personally, because three-player games are so s-l-o-o-o-o-o-w. I can’t envision not being able to track two games, since each will be lucky to get two full turns per day. And one turn is more likely. I know that in my one game that’s started, we’ve all been checking in pretty regularly, but are still only three cards into it.

TL;DR: You’re right, and one game at a time is fine. However, I will heartily endorse at least trying two at one.

No worries! Under normal circumstances, I would have started the game, and I happily accepted the first invite.

Just didn’t actually see the line-ups and that I was first player on the second game (since I hadn’t come back here yet).

I’m happy to have two games going.