Favorite game play-through videos

What are our favorite videos featuring other gamers at the table, or even pc, twitch etc?

I have about a million, so I’ll just start with the first three that come to mind:

1. Acquisitions Incorporated. If you haven’t seen it, cancel your Netflix and get ready for hours and hours of fun d&d humorous entertainment…
  2. Crusader kings 2 by northernlion and arumba et al. Warning: may make you want to spend a month of your life playing ck2.
  3. BGG Game night, Tabletop with Wil W, other Geek and Sundry vids, etc.
  4. So many different Gloomhaven playthroughs, now that my copy apparently just shipped.
  5. Critical Role. If you haven’t already canceled Netflix to watch cool people play d&d, here is 500 hours more quality content.
  6. @Snotty128 pointed me to some really good twilight struggle vids by Brian Reynolds.

Did I say my top 3? I was just about to type 7… i could type 100 more. I guess that’s how much I enjoy watching YouTube vids about people playing games. Apparently I really enjoy watching actors and comedians play d&d too, even though I haven’t played myself in 25ish years…

Do you all have favorite videos of game playthroughs?

I love the Heavy Cardboard playthroughs.

I never am able to watch them live, but I’ll stream it while I’m at work and listen, or watch it in chunks during lunch.

That’s what got me to buy Time of Crisis. And really liked the Terraforming Mars playthroughs (they’ve now played both expansion maps)

1 Like

The only ones I’ve ever watched are Wil Wheaton’s. They tend to entertain me but aren’t always the best for learning. I’ll tey to check out some of the recommended.

I really enjoy the guys over at Dice Tower and have been meaning to watch some of their play throughs, but haven’t gotten around to it.

1 Like

I haven’t watched any, but I love the original podcasts before they started doing the live shows (the live shows arent bad either). Gabe has never played an RPG in the first series and it’s fun to hear him come at it somewhat mocking the entire thing, and slowly growing to love it as the podcast wears on.

The second and third series include Wil Wheaton who seems insufferable playing it straight while the others are trying to have fun. It’s a good mix.

Are the other series available in audio format rather than video? I’d rather be able to listen while driving and stuff rather than sitting and watching.

Yep! https://www.penny-arcade.com/podcasts/show/ai

I think they go all the way back from rolling characters to the latest PAX live.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you! There was a time I had the original podcasts literally memorized because I listened to them so often. Looking forward to diving back in.

1 Like

This is not really a playthrough video, but it’s probably the best series of humor videos in the history of gaming:

Merry Xmas!

3 Likes

They got me with xxPussySlayerxx and MikeLitoris. I’m in.

I gave up on my budding chess career about 20 years ago, but recently I have gotten way into this dude’s videos of famous historical matches. If only I had this resource back then…