Digidiced nearly done with Stockpile, starts talking next project Indian Summer

Originally published at: http://statelyplay.com/2018/08/23/digidiced-nearly-done-with-stockpile-starts-talking-next-project-indian-summer/

iOS, Android, PC/Mac/Linux •

It seems like only a few weeks ago that we learned the frantic stock market manipulation game, Stockpile, was coming to digital via Digidiced. Today they dropped a lot more info about that title, which should be here in a month or so, and their next title as well. Shockingly, it’s another Uwe Rosenberg game, Indian Summer.

Let’s start with Stockpile. This is one of the best short economic games out there and it involves lying, bidding, and reading your opponents’ minds. The digital version is coming in September, so we won’t have long to wait.

Stockpile is an economic, stock-market themed game that's all about insider trading! You know about future stock price changes, but will you be able to act on that knowledge without drawing attention? Invest wisely, manipulate the financial markets, and misdirect your opponents to earn the most money in this fast-paced game for 2-5 players.
In cardboard-land, there's also a Stockpile expansion called Continuing Corruption. Today we learned that the expansion will be included in the game from day 1 and it won't cost you any extra to buy. That's not all!
  • True to the board game rules
  • The game will feature the expansion Continuing Corruption as a free addon to the main game: add single or multiple modules of Stockpile: CC to make every game different
  • cross platform multiplayer (Android, iOS and Steam Linux, PC and Mac)
  • new: dual user interface approach (different for mobile and desktop)
  • local pass and play to play with your spouse/kids
  • asynchronous ranked games with global ladder
  • 3 AI difficulties for beginners and experts alike
  • push notifications
  • friend list and chat
  • tutorial to easily learn the game
  • languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Russian
This is one of those games that I always have fun playing, but doesn't take itself so serious (or long) that you dread when your most valuable stock suddenly goes bankrupt. With asynchronous play, this should make for a fun tournament game on the SP forums.

[caption id=“attachment_5410” align=“aligncenter” width=“1024”]

Still no sign of a certain floppy-haired, orange president.[/caption]

Their next title is Indian Summer, a Uwe Rosenberg abstract in the vein of Patchwork or Cottage Garden. I haven’t played this one at all so I can’t wax rhapsodic about the mechanisms or gameplay. Instead I’ll blurb it out to wrap things up. Indian Summer is just about to enter beta phase with no release date announced yet. Digidiced’s betas don’t tend to run very long, however, so there’s a good chance we’ll see the release of Indian Summer during a very real Indian Summer later this fall.

Before winter makes its appearance, a particularly warm fall bathes the forest in a golden shimmer. During the Indian Summer, New England blossoms one last time. Treetops are ablaze with countless colors — a living rainbow, from green to orange to red. Slowly the first leaves are starting to fall. Meanwhile, our steps and the diligent squirrels rustle the colorful foliage.

On our walks through the woods, we discover all kinds of little treasures; we collect berries, nuts, mushrooms and feathers. We pause for a moment to watch the shy inhabitants of the forest before we set off towards home once again. There, a good book and a hot tea are already awaiting.

Indian Summer is the second part of Uwe Rosenberg’s puzzle trilogy following 2016’s Cottage Garden, and this game is firmly geared towards experienced players. At the heart of the game are puzzle tiles with holes that are placed on individual forest boards to cover up treasures. When players get their hands on these, they gain more options and an edge over their opponents. All that counts in the end is to be the first to cover your forest floor completely with leaves.

Features

• True to the board game rules
  • Beautiful artwork and design
  • cross platform multiplayer (Android, iOS and Steam Linux, PC and Mac)
  • languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Russian
  • local pass and play to play with your spouse/kids
  • asynchronous ranked games with global ladder
  • 3 AI difficulties for beginners and experts alike
  • push notifications
  • friend list and chat
  • tutorial to easily learn the game
As always, we'll keep our eyes out on whatever Digidiced is working on and let you know when these become available on PC/Mac/Linux, iOS, and Android.

2 Likes

Sold, and sold!

Curious about Indian Summer. I really like Patchwork, but don’t care much for Cottage Garden. I wonder how I’ll feel about this one.