Decathlon 2022 Preparation

I’ll nominate:

Castles of Burgundy
Wingspan
Star Realms
Raiders of the North Sea

2 Likes

As far as I know, it should be safe to assume that the 2021 Decathlon games are all good to include in next year’s voting list - let me know if anything has changed!

Star Realms
Lords of Waterdeep
Sagrada
Brass
Castles of Burgundy
Through the Ages
Race for the Galaxy
Ticket to Ride
Patchwork
Wingspan

1 Like

I assume there is no reason to repeat games already nominated. I would normally nominate Star Realms, but @geigerm already has and this is not voting.

I will add to the nominated games:
Waterdeep
Sagrada
Patchwork

Edit: and now my post is all repeats :slight_smile:

2 Likes

LOL yes sorry about that - cross-posting in our excitement here. :slight_smile:

Eh, most of mine is, too. So excited to nominate games that I jumped the gun a bit. :slight_smile:

1 Like

One new game! Woo-hoo! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They may or may not be the best nominations, but I’ll throw out some left field games:

Gem Rush
Dragon Castle
Railroad Ink
Fort Sumter

Not as left-field, but I’d also add in:

Concordia
Gaia Project
Among the Stars
Yellow & Yangtze

Don’t get me wrong, I like the games we play regularly. But I also like being forced to play something I don’t pick up as often.

Edit: I’m also happy to do some advanced scouting to make sure any of these games work.

5 Likes

Darn, Fort Sumter and Y&Y were going to be my suggestions :blush: Even though I’m terrible af FS, it’d be quite a good tournament game.

I’d also suggest Terraforming Mars, providing the patching carries on and it gets a bit more stable.

Edit:

Neuroshima Hex now it‘s got functional mp
Tokaido (very left-field)

1 Like

Tokaido does not have asynchronous, does it?

Hero Realms will be out at some point soon.

1 Like

Haven’t played any of these in a while, but last I checked they were still working…

Isle of Skye
Istanbul
Galaxy Trucker
Le Havre
Indian Summer
Tsuro
Evolution
Small World
Puerto Rico
Root
Takenoko
Lanterns

1 Like

Posted a link above to a sheet for nominations and possible ways to group games.

Particularly for “Mechanics”, I tried to pick the two most important mechanics in each game.

Feedback welcome, as always.

what is the weighting?

If you mean the “Weight” column in the Sheet, that’s the BGG value for the complexity of the game. I’m considering a category or two based on that…

1 Like

as far as i remember it failed our last test of playability.
we weren’t even able to finish the game. bugs all over the place.

2 Likes

Thanks, @JammaTal! If anyone can provide an update on async status of any of the games, please post here or send me a direct message. If I don’t get confirmation on a game this week, I’ll organize some test games for next weekend!

nominations:

Roll for the Galaxy
Potion Explosion
Disc Drivin’ 2
Cthulhu Realms

Disc Drivin’ is not a board game… :wink:

1 Like

Carabande :smirk:

1 Like

the best economical train game imho is Steam: Rails for Riches by Martin Wallace.
so i nominate it.

1 Like

I nominate Through the Ages