Cthulhu Realms Tournament

Yeah, I’m with PP. I actually tried it for a bit and couldn’t get into it due to lack of interest in the source material.

I think CR is much better. Just my 2c. I like that the next card is visible. That changes a lot.

with some interest stirred now, i would say we can wait for 5 more days to give new players some time to check things out.

i will set up the double elim tourney on Challonge
on Friday, 6th of January. (edit: changed to Monday, 9)

I just installed this. I really don’t like the interface (cards are way too small), but hopefully the game is okay…

I don’t like the graphic, nor the theme. But the game might be even better than SR… or it just the same amount of luck involved, I can’t decide yet :sweat_smile:

Re small cards, you can zoom. Keep at it. Just hold down on card and you can scroll through whatever row you need to see.

ok, @Neep65 is checking out CR over the weekend and will decide then if he wants to join.

so i will start this cursed thing (haha) at start of new week.

i have created the tourney 1st StatelyPlay Cthulhu Realms Horrorship
at challonge.com and have added:
@whovian223
@robthomasson
@Zebracadabra
@Hardco
@HolstenKnight
@halfvoid
@JHTaube
and me myself, the reigning King in Yellow (edit: dethroned)
i had misread Dukester’s post and had added him as entry by mistake. sorry for the confusion. i have updated the list of participants.

seeds not shuffled yet, so the bracket prediction (as seen in the moment) is not valid. i will shuffle the seeds just before hitting the “start tournament” button.

so now it’s time for
@Private_Prinny and @geigerm to make up their minds.
join or not to join, that is the question!
come on guys! be no whimps and step into the House of Horrors!
i can promise you it does not hurt (too much)…harrharr muaharr…

1 Like

What’s everybody’s name on there?

I’m whovian because it wouldn’t allow the numbers

halfvoid on everything.

Holsten in CR and Holsten_Knight on challonge

when i entered “whovian223” the entry was accepted without any problem, as you can see following the link StatelyPlayCR/participants

On Challonge it’s whovian223, but I meant on Cthulhu Realms. That and Star Realms don’t allow numbers for some reason.

If there is space, please sign me up. KYakerDude on both Challonge and Cthulhu Realms.

Thanks.

I’m in if you need the numbers. Haven’t played it yet but if star realms is anything to go by it should be pretty decent. Will let you know my user name

welcome @KYakerDude and @Neep65!
i have added you both to the list of participants.

and i would recommend to sign up on challonge.com, @Neep65.

While I don’t want to be a wimp :laughing:, I’m gonna sit this one out. As much as I love a good tourney, the game just doesn’t interest me much.

what a pity :disappointed:

just what i had thought for a long long time.
but zebracadabra did not stop to push me into CR, and i must say i’m very thankful for all his efforts by now.

it’s essentially the same game mechanic as in Star Realms, but with some new twists:
top card of center deck lies open, only 3 factions, locations can protect other locations or the players, more emphasis on prerequisites for abilities and double functions (only one can be chosen).
UI is a bit streamlined, esp the log functions better.

i can’t say exactly why, but i like it more than SR itm.

at least it can scratch the SR itch, and has we have no SR events just now, you should think twice.

So, I thought twice, went back and tried the game again … and I’m in. Such a sucker for peer pressure …

I’m geigerm both in CR and challonge.

2 Likes

:grin:

hello @Neep65,
i guess your CR user name will be Neep then? because numbers are not accepted on CR.
and on Challonge?

tournament will start tomorrow, Monday, January 9.

user names in Cthulhu Realms (user names on SP if different)

whovian (whovian223)
robt (robthomasson)
zebracadabra
hardco
Holsten (HolstenKnight)
halfvoid
JHTaube
JammaTal
KYakerDude
Neep (Neep65)
geigerm