"Crown of Cthulhu" Challenge

As kyaker said, a great game. You were ahead for a long time, I realized my only chance is to not buy any more cards at all. In the end I drew my whole deck every turn.

Icon List: :crown::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::surfer::surfer::bee::beer::beer::surfer::surfer::game_die:

Current Challenger @Zebracadabra

Challenger list:
@Hardco
@KYakerDude

Oh. So that’s an interesting trick! (But the cards I was buying were so good!)

I just had a really strange ranked match, I won with just 3 bought cards: the green ghasts and mi-go and the yellow library. Of course a lot of luck involved, but I did never expect to win like this (and so fast). I just could never afford any other card (and did not want to buy initiate), my opponent bought so many cards… :sweat_smile:

Wow, wow, wow. That was as close as it can get @Zebracadabra. Great game, and I just pulled it of with the exact amount of damage needed.

Icon List: :crown::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::surfer::surfer::bee::beer::beer::surfer::surfer:

Current Challenger @Hardco

Challenger list:
@KYakerDude
@Zebracadabra

That was a fun game and kudos to the Champ for pulling it off. I went from 5-30 to 14-19 on my last turn (and 11 in Sanctuaries), abjuring the last of my junk, but honestly, it was too late.

Even if we see sawed back and forth for a few turns, @HolstenKnight definitely had the edge.

I could beat him if he would only make a mistake every once in awhile, like the rest of us mere mortals!

@HolstenKnight won the Crown of Chtulhu Trophy in the King In Yellow Challenge in April 2017 and closed down the competition.

will it happen again now? a Chtulhu’lian nightmare!

this was the Hall of Infame and final competition Leaderboard:
HolstenKing X
Mighty Geigerm VII
KYakerKing VI
King Hardco V
King Zebra II
King Jamma

so where is Mighty Geigerm VII to stop the infamous Holsten?

I haven’t played Cthulhu Realms in a long time … found it a bit too repetitive for my liking. I’m afraid you’ll have to fight off Holsten without my help!

I picked up Kingsport Harbour turn 1, then followed it up with a couple Abjure greens. @HolstenKnight put together a decent deck, but I think he was just too far behind.

Icon List: :crown::hatching_chick::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::surfer::surfer::bee::beer::beer::surfer:

Current Challenger @KYakerDude

Challenger list:

@Zebracadabra
@HolstenKnight

Yeah, my start was horrible. I hoped for some mistake, but you played flawless. In the middle I got a glimpse of hope, as my deck got really trimmed and I managed to get the unspeakable one, but too late. But it was really close in the end, maybe my next move would have been lethal. I don‘t know, as I can‘t check my remaining deck anymore. But 27 damage at least and up to 35 I think.
Awesome match, GG and ofc put me back in line :grin:

@Hardco gg. I couldn’t buy any worthwhile cards nor could I get rid of any of my cards. Just took my turns and slowly faded away.

I felt it could have gone better for you with some different choices at the beginning. There were a lot of good cards early with the Harbour, Recycle station building, and like 3 decent greens, but I think you needed to take 2 of the green cards. I didn’t see exactly how much money you had each turn though… Good game!

Icon List: :crown::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::surfer::surfer::bee::beer::beer:

Current Challenger @Zebracadabra

Challenger list:

@HolstenKnight
@KYakerDude

That was the real problem. I didn’t have enough to buy those cards.

We were even for so long. A very close game until I had one lucky turn with all the cards falling perfectly into place.

This game could have easily gone the other way. Gg, @Hardco.

Icon List: :crown::bee::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::surfer::surfer::bee::beer:

NewChallenger @HolstenKnight

Challenger list:

@KYakerDude
@Hardco

Did I do the icons right? I suspect I did not.

Yeah, I thought my deck was going to come together better than it did. But all my exhume cards were showing up when there was nothing in the discard pile…

There should be 1 more beer at the end I believe.

Yup. Edited.

@KYakerDude get ready, you’ll be up very soon.

I’ve played dreadfully, I’m afraid. There’s been no doubt for many turns that @HolstenKnight will win this one.

Oh well, I’ll have another shot at glory. Please add my name to the bottom when the deed is done.

The deed is done, I wasn‘t sure about this game for quite a long time. And even made the mistake to thin my deck too much (I hate when this happens), I could have drawn 2 more cards every turn, if I had 2 more cards in deck :roll_eyes:. But stable 30 damage every turn was enough after 3 turns.GG @Zebracadabra

Icon List: :crown::beer::bee::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::surfer::surfer::beer:

NewChallenger @KYakerDude

Challenger list:

@Hardco
@Zebracadabra

Uff, close one. I didn‘t sleep well tonight :sweat_smile:
GG @KYakerDude

Icon List: :crown::beer::beer::bee::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::surfer::beer:

NewChallenger @Hardco

Challenger list:

@Zebracadabra
@KYakerDude

I had first turn Harbour, but @HolstenKnight got an early Unspeakable One. So I went full anti-Unspeakable One and defensively grabbed The Brothers and all the yellow cards that I could (though they kept coming). Eventually I had a decent yellow deck and the early Harbour advantage carried me through the endgame. Good game!

Icon List: :crown::hatching_chick: :beer::beer::bee::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::surfer:

NewChallenger @Zebracadabra

Challenger list:

@KYakerDude
@HolstenKnight

1 Like