Charterstone: Digital Edition Beta announced!

Agreed with @geigerm above, though I have no idea why the notification bug is still there (you get notifications even when it’s not your turn).

Probably because they had much bigger bugs to squash … ?

Hey guys… Sorry for not answering. As you may imagine - there’s been a lot going on.

Anyway, we believe the notifications bug has been finally resolved. Let us know if we’re wrong.

2 Likes

Afraid I just got a notification for someone else’s turn—looks like that bug persists.

1 Like

Ditto.

Right yeah, that’s a different bug. It just looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.

Back to the drawing board…

2 Likes

Any update on the state of the game, specifically online stability. I’ve got a group of 4 looking for a new game and this has caught our interest. Thanks!

Online stability is fine, but the notification system still sucks (i.e., you receive turn notifications even when it’s not your turn, so you never truly know whose turn it is).

Much as we try, we can’t seem to solve the notifications issues permanently. Downsides of relying on 3rd party services, really :confused:

2 Likes

For what it is worth we just started a 6 player online campaign and notifications have been working as they should. We each get one on our turn and only on our turn.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s fixed for new games but not ones that were currently in progress?

Because I can definitely say that our game is not fixed.

This is my first and only game so I can’t speak to any other problems. We are only a few turns in but so far so good. My notifications don’t make any sound but I can live with that; Dire Wolf has gotten me used to it anyways.

Acram’s email today reminded that I have Charterstone but have never played it. If it’s up for a Golden Geek, it must be … ok at least I guess?

How is the game now? And if it’s reasonably playable, would anyone like a game?

I’ve been in a campaign with 5 other people. Other than the fact that some of them never take their turns, it seems to run fine for me with working notifications.

1 Like

They’ve done a fine job with the implementation (other than the notifications, which has potentially been fixed for new campaigns), but I can’t say I find playing the game enjoyable…

4 Likes

I agree with Hardco. The implementation turned out great, the bugs got squashed, and our game didn’t break despite dozens of updates. I imagine updating a game for a year and not breaking a running async game is nothing short of a herculean task.

Which comes to the main problem. We’ve been playing this game for a year now. We’ve got a focussed group of 4 players who play every day and we still aren’t done yet. The latest twist has actually just served to slow the game down! Even the live game I played (last match/April) became a grind around this point.

2 Likes

I’ve completely lost track of how many live players we have in our game. So we still have 4? LOL

I religiously check once per day because I don’t enjoy the game well enough (and besides, with the notifications still screwy, half the time if I checked sooner it would say it was somebody else’s turn).

1 Like

That twist (not allowed to place Minions) baffles me. I can’t think of another game off the top of my head that removes mechanics as the campaign progresses.

Since I wasn’t expecting it (which means I wasn’t looking for it), were we informed of this rule change before we made all of our pre-game selections?

I think it’s in the guidepost section (the scroll up the top)

Playing devils advocate for the minion removal event, it did trip up my engine in our async game and my live game from last year. It’s perhaps not a great design decision though to put a roadblock like that in the game when we are grinding towards the finish

The rough consensus appears to be eh, it’s not bad as such then, but not vast amounts of fun.

I shall consider my purchase a £10 donation to Acram and delete. Ah well.