Cardboard Critique: Black Sonata

The last time I looked at importing board games from the US, I just went back to buying cocaine, it was cheaper. God bless EU-friendly Kickstarters and those that love them (me).

My only hope is some forward-thinkers got some copies in their shops over here. So begins The Waitening.

1 Like

Dave helped me get a copy ordered. I love Dave. I am better than everyone except Dave, who already has a copy.

4 Likes

Too bad. I hear it’s not that good.

3 Likes

1 Like

This may be my new favorite gif.

2 Likes

Another option to get the game is simply to print it out and play it. Since it began, after all, as a print-n-play!

4 Likes

And I piggybacked on @OhBollox’ request to get an order in myself. Does this count as breaking my KS moratorium for this year?

(Not that that would be lasting much longer, with Key Market and Glen More 2 coming up…)

Whoa, whoa, whoa…what’s this now?

Glen Moreish.

2 Likes
1 Like

More Glen

1 Like

Glenmoreangie.

4 Likes

i geekmailed them over at the geek. got my copy coming sometime??

i was reading the article and feeling the game, went to the usual haunts trying to get a copy, no dice. then checked amazon, saw that when i was searching it it popped up i got excited. then nothing. came back and read the comments, lol

guess everyone got fooled. glad i got a copy. looks like a lot of fun.

Yeah, I didn’t think about the Kickstarter part of it. I guess I assume that Kickstarters will, eventually, make it to retail. This is a pretty small company, though, and it didn’t dawn on me that retail copies would be so scarce.

1 Like

and it didn’t dawn on me that retail copies would be so scarce

If anyone is wondering what that sound is, it’s Dave’s shades falling into place.

2 Likes

I grabbed a copy for my Shakespeare-loving girlfriend’s birthday. I hope she likes it!

4 Likes

Just received my copy in the mail and played my first game (and lost). It’s great. Completely lives up to Dave’s glowing review. As he wrote, I kept thinking, “This isn’t going to work right,” but then it all totally does. Looking forward to a lot more time with this : )

3 Likes

I can’t stop thinking about how mad I’m going to be if the title for the sequel to The Greatest Showman isn’t at least as clever as “The Second Greatest Showman”.

3 Likes

Came in the mail today and it is seriously all I can do to not tear it open and get her something else.

4 Likes

Dude, you really undersold just how nice this is for such a budget production. I’ve paid twice as much for games whose components were half as nice. This is so well done.

2 Likes