Card Thief caught breaking and entering Google Play this weekend

Originally published at: http://statelyplay.com/2017/04/20/card-thief-caught-breaking-and-entering-google-play-this-weekend/

iOS Universal, Android •

One of the best titles of 2017 is by the little powerhouse developer, Tinytouchtales. Of course, I’m referring to Card Thief, which was released for iOS back in March and stole more than just gold and trash-filled treasure chests…it also stole our hearts. Zing, pow! I threw myself a fastball and hit it out of the park. I’m going to sit here and congratulate myself for a bit more, but if you don’t want to hear it you can head past the jump and hear all about Card Thief showing up for Android.

That’s pretty much the big news, Card Thief is coming to Android on April 22, which is the second step in Arnold Rauers’ plan for world domination. He’s not telling me what the final step is, but he’s assured me that it will not involve IAP.

Card Thief is a solitaire card game in which the titular thief meanders through a castle built from a 3x3 grid of cards. There are guards which you can pickpocket and other nasties looking to spot you during your burgling. Luckily for you, there’s also a stealth mechanism which means they cannot see you unless your stealth drops to zero with each step making it drop a little more. You’ll need to be clever and push-your-luck to get the most out of each foray, which will earn you tokens to take on bigger and more heavily guarded castles. It’s an easy concept to grasp, but the strategies and tactics required to get really big scores are beyond what’s left of my gray matter to sort out. It’s far more beefy and complex than Card Crawl ever was, so even if you weren’t the biggest fan of Tinytouchtales’ earlier title, Card Thief might be right up your alley.

Card Thief is available right now for iOS and will be on your Android machine this weekend.

https://youtu.be/ylapoYTM7G8
1 Like

Still on my machine from the beta. :smiley:

Me putting up with Dave tweeting about this and it not being on Android:

1 Like