Bork Bork Borked Emails

It has come to my attention that emails from Discourse are borked (which, among other things, means we can’t get new users at the moment). I’ve no idea how long they’ve been this way, but I’ll be looking into it. Holiday travels may complicate this plan of action; you all have my apologies.

Oh, hey, it just turned Christmas here in EST. Apparently, I’ve been a bad web developer this year. Which, in fairness, is completely accurate. :smile:

May you all have a wonderful end to 2016! Despite this hiccough, I’m delighted to have Stately Play in my life.

That would explain things!

Anyone have any idea how I can troubleshoot this? In looking at the logs, the only errors I’m seeing are related to Cross-Site Request Forgery tokens. That sounds like possibly either attempts to do something with the forums using bots (which I assume is not good), or perhaps using an app other than a browser. But this is clearly deeper into the web development cave than I’ve explored before, so I don’t know what’s going on. I do know I got an email from Discourse today, and a test email to my gmail account never showed up, but it worked fine to my Stately Play account. So I don’t know what’s going on.

If you should need to get in touch and can’t post on the forums, I’m “rinelk” at the aforementioned SP account.

Okay–I think I’ve fixed the issue. I can now receive emails from discourse at my gmail account, which I couldn’t before, and our new guy, Nick, is able to, as well. If anyone is still not receiving emails, you can hit me up on Twitter or email, in either case my username is “rinelk”, with emails naturally getting the "@statelyplay.com" suffix.

Glad things are working now!

Just tried to log in at work (one of the things that happened to maybe prompt the discovery of this email issue) and still couldn’t remember my password.

Hit the “forgot password” link and got an email (so it works!). Realized that I had forgotten that this password has to be at least 10 characters, so put in what I wanted to use as my new password, keeping that 10-character requirement in mind…

And discovered that I had put in my old password. LOL

1 Like