Asmodee's tentacles stretch over Talisman and its latest expansion, Harbinger

Originally published at: http://statelyplay.com/2017/12/14/asmodees-tentacles-stretch-over-talisman-and-its-latest-expansion-harbinger/

iOS Universal, Android, Kindle, PC/Mac •

Much like a nuclear apocalypse, Asmodee Digital publishing everything on the App Store is a foregone conclusion these days. Take, for example, Talisman. Talisman is a game that was happily developed and published by Nomad Games for years, but now resides under the Asmodee flag. Why? World Domination, my friends. Talisman today, Pathfinder Adventures tomorrow. Wait…hold on…Kelsey is trying to say something. What? They already got Pathfinder Adventures? No corner of the App Store is safe, it would seem.

All joking aside, we welcome our new benevolent overlords and wish them good tidings and peace (and maybe beg for a job). Oh, and today they released a new expansion for Talisman, The Harbinger.

The Harbinger expansion is a small box expansion, meaning it’s loaded with new cards but doesn’t have a new board to put in play. That’s probably a good thing, because I don’t know where we’d put it with the city, dungeon, highlands, and more already on the virtual table.

This expansion brings four decks of Omens into play. Each deck has a different theme, but the end result is the same. If seven world-spanning Omens come to pass, it’s the end of days and game over, so that’s fun.

There’s also a new Harbinger deck which is like the regular event deck, only everything in it is trying to kill you and is more powerful than your regular baddies. If the Harbinger (an NPC character that roams the board) and you share a space, you’re drawing from the Harbinger deck instead of the regular event deck. Are you sure you want to do that? I didn’t think so.

It also adds 10 new spells, two new endings, and, of course, more characters. Three of them, to be exact. The Celestial is good personified, while the Possessed is on the other end of that see-saw. The Divine Ascendant is Neutral and, let’s face it, boring. Possessed, here I come!

The new expansion pack is available on all platforms via IAP.

https://youtu.be/H4wgAufrsnE