Any good, premium card battlers out there?

I’m a huge Magic the Gathering fan and have both games on my mobile devices. Are there any other similar games where I can just buy all the card packs in one go and have a good, tactical, single player experience?

Many of them, include the premium games, still use a card-buying mechanism. For example, the recent Age of Rivals has no microtransactions, but you still earn gold and buy packs. Same with Card City Nights and Lost Portal. I do reccomend all of these, especially Lost Portal if you’re looking to scratch the MtG itch.

One game that comes to mind where you don’t need to accumulate a collection is Summoner Wars, which is a fantastic game both in the table and on mobile (though I don’t recall how well it functions in the current version of iOS). You do need to purchase more cards for the full experience, but you do so by buying armies, which are complete packs. You start the game with the Tundra Orcs and Phoenix Elves (for free, I believe) and can buy armies one at a time or all in a large bundle.

Cool … summoners wars sounds interesting. I’m happy to spend, I just would prefer it in a way that’s one-time or a complete pack type deal.

Are you sure about Summoner Wars? I just looked for it on iOS and the in-App purchases are all labelled “Pile of Crystals”, “Mountain of Crystals”, etc.

That’s Summoners Wars, which I’m sure is as good as it sounds (sarcasm).

You’re looking for Summoner Wars by Playdek. It’s about a dozen down when you search. No idea why the game with the exact name you search isn’t at the top of he list.

My one caveat is that I don’t know if the game has had a 64-bit update or not.

ah okay … cool, thanks. I’ll get it on Android, in that case. There isn’t an equivalent to the 32-bit apocalypse on Android, is there?

Downloaded Summoner Wars and it looks right up my alley. Thanks for highlighting it.

Faeria was good, but I think they removed that option