1st Stately Play Brass Tournament

i think it’s time to start the tourney.

ok, i decided to seed the participating finalists of the previous PT Brass tourney.
i used the random.org app to shuffle the 3 finalists for creating 3 tables.
then i randomized the list of the 8 remaining participants to create the complete tables as follows:

table Coal: @Snotty128 / @johnl / @SleepingGiant / @JHTaube
table Iron: Jamma/ @Blackfyre / @halfvoid / @whovian223
table Cotton: @JaneHatke / @geigerm / @HolstenKnight

@Snotty128, @JaneHatke and me will create the tables, named “Stately Play Tourney/Iron” (Coal and Cotton), clock timer 14 days, passwords “Coal”, “Iron” and “Cotton” (capital first letter).

so please start looking into the game to find and join the tables.

the 3 top players of Coal and Iron and the 2 top players of Cotton will proceed to two 4P semifinal tables (fresh randomization, no seeds).
the 2 top players of semifinal tables will go to final table.

best card draw luck to all of you!
tournament has started NOW :grin:

1 Like

Joined the iron game. Forgot I’d uninstalled Brass to free up room on my device after the last tourney.

The Coal room is now open

our table Iron game is running.
game “Stately Play Tourney/Coal” has disappeared from the lobby. so seems to have started too.

@JaneHatke, is everything ok with your table "Stately Play Tourney/Cotton (pw: Cotton)?
if you have any problems creating the table, geigerm or Holsten could do that too.
would you prefer that?

Sorry for the delay. Cotton table started.

1 Like

no problem.
i just try to play my role as “stringent director” :grimacing: :grin:

table iron result:

Jamma / 166 pts
@halfvoid / 120 pts
@whovian223 / 110 pts
@Blackfyre / 88 pts

halfvoid, whovian and me proceed to semifinal tables.

1 Like

TL;DR: probably going to have to let my play clock run out in the coal table.

Full version: when first I registered on Brass I used my real email, and apparently they use the prefix before the @ as the screen name. So, I thought that was stupid, I don’t want give away my secret superhero identity to random people and besides in the tourney my screen name is the only way you guys would recognize me, and the app has no email verification step. So, I registered with a random domain as @xpskerchenxopiojs.com.

It was all going fine until they had a server glitch and forgot my password, which I also seem to have forgotten, as it was a one-off. So, now I can’t login. I’m not even sure if they have a password recovery step. Even if they do, I would have to somehow register xpskerchenxopiojs.com and set up an email address there, which I don’t have the wherewithal for. So, unless someone is willing to register that as the new official brass and other SP player domain and charge me for an email account there, I’m afraid my play-clock will just run down, just as I was actually starting to catch up in the game and move some cotton. Really sorry about that snafu, was not my intention!

@SleepingGiant

So good at Twilight Struggle, so bad at setting up throw away email addresses. Whatever will we do with you.

I agree that you were getting some momentum in our game. I think @JammaTal has been in contact with the devs of Brass before. Maybe they can work some magic at their end to let you continue

I truly appreciate that, but this is probably a case of PEBKAC. If @JammaTal wants to tell Brass developers anything, it should be to add screen name to registration flow and add a password recovery flow, not to deal with my one-off personal issue. I now have a SleepingGiant1942 email as a lesson learned.

And I just bought the domain name: xpskerchenxopiojs.com. I think that should be the official fake domain name for anyone who wants to play SP tourneys without a real ID. Now I just have to talk to my friends who know how to redirect it to an email server… hopefully before my Brass timer runs out.

1 Like

after game launch i had suggested password protection for private games.

and i had asked for help with crashes.
(it showed those problems were caused by corrupted kernel libraries on my ipad. no specific problem with Brass.)

since then i’m not in contact with Brass devs.
i don’t feel like telling them what they should do.
i’m glad they installed passwords for private games, no matter how.

so if @SleepingGiant does not want to ask for help (i have sent him a PM with contact email)
@Snotty128, @JHTaube and @johnl will proceed to the semifinal tables.
it’s a pity though :pensive:

amazing engagement, @SleepingGiant :+1:

but won’t you need help with forgotten password nonetheless?
i remember the cublogames.com support as kind and helpful, and very fast response.

I’m not above asking for help in any way, and if they don’t have a password recovery flow that seems fair to reach out to them about it, I just need to make sure I can receive emails at the address I gave them first…

so let’s wait on and hope the best for Sleeping Giant.

If you send an email asking them to update your account info so you can login, they should be able to work with you to solve the issue. Can’t see how it would take more than a few minutes for them to update their database entry. I do this all the time for our users…

1 Like

The Cotton table just finished:

geigerm 182
@HolstenKnight 172
@JaneHatke 129

Good game to both of you!

@geigerm, congrats on your win. Well played as always!

1 Like

Yes, a fun game and a deserved win. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks JammaTal! Your contact was able to solve it, I’m back in the game, sorry for the delay!

1 Like