The Stately Players' Game of the Year

If games can double dip with a new platform then Fortnite, obviously.

/dodges hate like a ninja

1 Like

I will say, as much as I fawn over DQ, I really would prefer not to see it win forever. However much it deserves to.

2 Likes

Shit, totally forgot about Bad North, and the campaign I was probably halfway through.

Oh if weā€™re talking physical board games Iā€™ve gotta plug Fine Sand by Friedemann Friese.

1 Like

While Cinco Paus is the objectively correct vote, Iā€™ll add a couple of nominations that I havenā€™t seen mentioned yet and I believe deserve to have at least a ballot slot. The Room: Old Sins, and Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind.

(Iā€™d have added Slay the Spire, but that apparently fails to make the cut-off, having been released in Early Access on 15th November last year, though SP didnā€™t discover it until January.)

2 Likes

Oh god, how did I forget to nominate Six Ages? Itā€™s exile for me.

3 Likes

Star Command.

3 Likes

Aaaand I about spit my drinkā€¦

1 Like

Is Horus Heresy: Legions actually that good? I must admit, Iā€™m a 40k nut and recently MtG: Arena cured me of my card games burnout (thanks HS). And with upcoming christmas related travels I may need a mobile fixā€¦

Well I am a bit biased.
I wasnā€™t hooked on HS long, I never catched on Elder signsā€¦and didnā€™t bother with the LotR game.
Also Wh40k stuff! And Raven Guard! twitch

It is a bit rough around the edges,it improved on some of HS shortcomings, introduced some new hitches but overall its good. It doesnā€™t provide that much options than other games in the category do, but for me thats perfectly fine, I donā€™t have the time or willpower to be heavily invested in one game alone, so I am good with HH:L not occupying me the whole day.

Also the events (think HS Arena) are with preconstructed decks where you get to pick from a pool (per run the pool is slightly reshuffled) so no netdecking here.
Also I think the balance is ok-ish. It took me a while but I got to the Terra-Leguae (highest bracket) without spending money on the gameā€¦and with the Tutorial Warmaster on top of that.
I am fine with the free stuff handed out occasionally so overall the game is a win for me.

1 Like

Sweet, I will defo give it a try then.