The end or not the end, that is the question

And congrats from this quarters as well. I am probably one of the silent herd browsing the site twenty times a week. :airplane:

2 Likes

Glad you got the job. Family has to come before personal aspirations sometimes, and good on you for realizing it. Not many do. Congrats!

1 Like

Take a look into the cockpit when you board your next aircraft.

Noooooo thank you. Doing that with my beard, which is straight out of the ISIS handbook, is grounds for immediate violent execution.

1 Like

1 Like

grats on the job

1 Like

Thanks for creating this website and community while you had the free time to do it. I expect we will all still be here when you are working (and cheering you on). Congratulations.

2 Likes

Good for you … and good for us too.

What you can when you can has always been great … no need to change now.

Most of all … :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Our great helmsman.

2 Likes

I do give great helmet.

1 Like

T.M.I.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Gratz on the job, the very best of luck with it!
We’ll take quality over quantity any day and it is the quality of what you do that has built your great community at Stately Play.
Thanks for everything you do over here, we do appreciate it!

Congratulations on the job! Balance is hard, best wishes. :+1:

1 Like

Congrats on the job!

1 Like

Great news, Dave! Thanks for letting us know and for keeping this place going, as always.

Also, completely unrelated, I am now taking trains and buses everywhere. Completely unrelated.

2 Likes

In an odd coincidence, I’m about to start flying again for work. A lot. And I haven’t been on a plane since maybe 2013.

So, Dave … you’re really good at that code stuff, right?

3 Likes

As a Captain, I block that. Coup game reference? Jokes aside, I wish you great success @Neumannium and glad to see you are still posting the best writing on the internet. Please keep the airplanes from crashing, too!

I’m thankful for what you and the rest of the PT team have so far for our small group. The writing is good and honest, the forums are better than PT’s for me.

Although I loved PT back in the days, looking back to it now, I think it was a bit too Owen focused for my taste. It had that military aspect about it, which I do not really miss today. Owen had (/still has?) a gift attracting people to his person and to his site, me included. Good money wise for him probably, but it was not always good for the site I believe.

I hope you are not angry I stopped the Patron donation?! It’s for the reasons I tried to explain in the PM, but as you did not reply, so I’m not sure. Anyway I’ll keep supporting this site emotionally and maybe again financially in the future. Keep up the good work, don’t get frustrated… we are proud of you…

p.s. I can tell my boy now that a friend of mine has programmed the next plane we will ride (Crete in 10 days…yeay). Maybe he’ll get excited to do something similar in the future. If he has further questions, I’ll send him to you over the holidays.

1 Like

Never, nope, not at all. I am thankful (and shocked) that there are people willing to give up their hard earned cash for SP each month but will never judge or care if a reader doesn’t, regardless of reason.

Sorry I didn’t respond to your message. I think you sent it when I was in Europe and I meant to reply and then it just got lost in the shuffle. No worries at all!

3 Likes