The Actual Table

Well, you know, ideally that would be the case…

Haven’t played Specter Ops, but I’ll check it out. Though I did just think of another–Museum Caper Clue, which I love.

I did my review of the Clank in Space expansion, Apocalypse. A really great expansion, I think!

Not in the purview of this site, but if you go check out the review, I also did a review of a wonderful book on the Vietnam War yesterday as well.

Hey, we do have a books thread!

Ack! I forgot about that one.

But I self-promote so much already, I wasn’t sure if that would be appropriate. :slight_smile:

We have these built in bookshelves that I’ve been storing my games on for years. They are wood, painted white. I just realized that they are leaving marks on Every. Single. One. Of. My. Games. I’m having a panic attack at the moment…

Like cutthroat card games?

Give Arboretum a try. Check out my review, with ninjas! (Ok, not many ninjas, but a couple).

Anybody played “Detective, a modern crime board game” ?

I havent played it, but got a mail today that you can play a special demo case (available for 14 days from today)
They did this as a promotion, euhm I mean to celebrate 25 different awards and nominations.

Have watched a review, it seems like a fun game. 8,2 at BGG for whats it worth.
So let’s see if we can play it in these two weeks.

For those interested:
https://portalgames.pl/en/play-detective-for-free/

I picked it up from Ignacy at Gen Con but can’t find anyone to play it with me. It’s only been nearly 10 months…

From what I can tell, it’s pretty cool. The writing is…not great, but tolerable. I was a little put off by the time aspect…feels very gamey as opposed to the rest of the game which is more akin to Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective. With games like this I like to slow down and take my time to ponder the options, whereas Detective forces every move to fit into a time schedule which you’re penalized for not sticking to.

Someday I’ll actually play it…