Terra Mystica Tourney SignUps

but so the tourney might have to be postponed?

I havenā€™t seen anything that would require the tournament to be postponed. I get the bug where it says it is my turn a fair bit though. I also havenā€™t gotten a good handle on the automatic trading of VP for magic, but that is probably due to me skipping the tutorialā€¦ :sweat:

Iā€™ve got one game stuck at the bottom of my list that says ā€œTimed out, waiting for resultsā€ and itā€™s been there since the first day of the launch. But thatā€™s the only issue Iā€™ve had so far.

Update available already ā€¦ either they knew about the problems but issued anyway to meet their date, or they got feedback, researched, and fixed, in record time.

Iā€™m in. Saviodo everywhere.

Iā€™m in as well: ā€œJHTaubeā€

So to add to the mysteryā€¦ I still canā€™t get on on my iPad (Air 2), but mp works just fine on my iPhone 6ā€¦ not sure about playing on the tiny screen though, so count me out of this oneā€¦

You show up on my friends list on my phone. Maybe thatā€™s because you were finally able to log in? I canā€™t check my iPad until tonight.

But yeah, Iā€™m not sure about playing on my phone either. I donā€™t think I want to try and do that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good idea! My GC is Chubbbsy

@js619 You sure you donā€™t want to play? Weā€™d have a nice even 18 if you join us :slight_smile:

Iā€™m actuallly quite surprised at how well they translated this game to the phone. Still much better with the bigger iPad screen but I think itā€™s passable.

When do you want to kick it off? Iā€™m still reading the rules, but Iā€™d give it a shot on the phoneā€¦

edited to add: Read the rules. Watched a video. Read a how to play guide. Watched a video. Played a 4p AI game on my phone, which admittedly isnā€™t awful UI wise.

Result? Still have no fā€™ing idea what Iā€™m doing.

Actually, thatā€™s not true. I kind of understand what Iā€™m doing, just not entirely why Iā€™m doing it. But bring on the tourney, what the hell.

Sent friend invites to those listed who arenā€™t on my list yet.

Iā€™m ready to lose!!! I mean goā€¦

Great! Iā€™ll post something up tonight when back home. With 18, we will likely have 6 tables of 3 players. The 6 winners could advance to round 2 plus the top 2 other scores. That would leave 2 tables of 4 in round 2. Top 2 at each table advance to a 4 player final.

If there are other suggestions, go ahead and post for consideration.

This tourney may take a whileā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m down for a longer tournament, especially with this game since there is a lot to cover in 6 rounds :slight_smile:

As long as this isnā€™t a repeat of the Twilight Struggle fiasco of 2016ā€¦

2 Likes

Its mostly known players here which should help with the drop out rate.

Im playing steam with @jason1002, and he plays at a decent speed and is competent too. I dont know @Chubbs and @duckworp but hopefully they put their turns in at a reasonable speed, and dont drop out without warning

I know @duckworp - he hosts my Monday night gaming group - and he will play just fine.
Tried and tested in Steam with @JammaTal (and maybe others here).

2 Likes

I am on sick leave so probably no problem taking my turns, however, I never played in an organized tournament before.
Still in!

1 Like

Please hop over here for instructions and table assignments. Round 1 is underway!

@Snotty128 - Iā€™m playing you as Peter on a Steam game, northern UK. Me and you are competing on the east coast. Iā€™m on terrible sporadic wifi working off just about off old dial-up speeds when it does work with no phone signal so will probably not get into the TM game till I return Monday. Will try before though.