Terra Mystica Tourney SignUps

I’ve got one game stuck at the bottom of my list that says “Timed out, waiting for results” and it’s been there since the first day of the launch. But that’s the only issue I’ve had so far.

Update available already … either they knew about the problems but issued anyway to meet their date, or they got feedback, researched, and fixed, in record time.

I’m in. Saviodo everywhere.

I’m in as well: “JHTaube”

So to add to the mystery… I still can’t get on on my iPad (Air 2), but mp works just fine on my iPhone 6… not sure about playing on the tiny screen though, so count me out of this one…

You show up on my friends list on my phone. Maybe that’s because you were finally able to log in? I can’t check my iPad until tonight.

But yeah, I’m not sure about playing on my phone either. I don’t think I want to try and do that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good idea! My GC is Chubbbsy

@js619 You sure you don’t want to play? We’d have a nice even 18 if you join us :slight_smile:

I’m actuallly quite surprised at how well they translated this game to the phone. Still much better with the bigger iPad screen but I think it’s passable.

When do you want to kick it off? I’m still reading the rules, but I’d give it a shot on the phone…

edited to add: Read the rules. Watched a video. Read a how to play guide. Watched a video. Played a 4p AI game on my phone, which admittedly isn’t awful UI wise.

Result? Still have no f’ing idea what I’m doing.

Actually, that’s not true. I kind of understand what I’m doing, just not entirely why I’m doing it. But bring on the tourney, what the hell.

Sent friend invites to those listed who aren’t on my list yet.

I’m ready to lose!!! I mean go…

Great! I’ll post something up tonight when back home. With 18, we will likely have 6 tables of 3 players. The 6 winners could advance to round 2 plus the top 2 other scores. That would leave 2 tables of 4 in round 2. Top 2 at each table advance to a 4 player final.

If there are other suggestions, go ahead and post for consideration.

This tourney may take a while…

2 Likes

I’m down for a longer tournament, especially with this game since there is a lot to cover in 6 rounds :slight_smile:

As long as this isn’t a repeat of the Twilight Struggle fiasco of 2016…

2 Likes

Its mostly known players here which should help with the drop out rate.

Im playing steam with @jason1002, and he plays at a decent speed and is competent too. I dont know @Chubbs and @duckworp but hopefully they put their turns in at a reasonable speed, and dont drop out without warning

I know @duckworp - he hosts my Monday night gaming group - and he will play just fine.
Tried and tested in Steam with @JammaTal (and maybe others here).

2 Likes

I am on sick leave so probably no problem taking my turns, however, I never played in an organized tournament before.
Still in!

1 Like

Please hop over here for instructions and table assignments. Round 1 is underway!

@Snotty128 - I’m playing you as Peter on a Steam game, northern UK. Me and you are competing on the east coast. I’m on terrible sporadic wifi working off just about off old dial-up speeds when it does work with no phone signal so will probably not get into the TM game till I return Monday. Will try before though.

So youre the one making my life difficult in that game then? :smiley: welcome aboard!

1 Like

I made a mistake in the game and forgot we have to pay for our loco. My bid of 36 was dumb.