Stately Scrying: What we're playing this weekend

@Neumannium Let is know how Fort Sumpter goes! Iā€™m very interested in picking it up.

This weekend, Iā€™ll be playing Diablo 3. Maybe. See, Iā€™ve got this little thing called Dead Cells and Iā€™m terrible at it, but Iā€™m finally getting strong enough through grinding that I keep getting a little further and finding new secrets each run. So just one more run. Then Diablo. Or maybe another Dead Cells runā€¦

The group Iā€™ve just met had a game of Arkwright. Their final photo of the board showed an old school calculator at the table! apparently useful for adding up and multiplying the victory points

1 Like

Cool! I hope you enjoy Fort Sumter, and thank you for the link. :slight_smile:

Let me know how it goes.

I have a hockey game tonight and then a bit of a road trip tomorrow, but Iā€™ve been playing a lot of One Deck Dungeon lately, so that will probably get played tonight and tomorrow night.

Not to mention finally getting an online game of Terraforming Mars started. Yay, us!

1 Like

iOS: Marvel Strike Force - my defenders team is now 4/5 G11 and starting to really shine. The journey to 7* will be a long one. But I am happy this is the team I will take high.

PC: pathfinder kingmaker - I have just unlocked the kingdom building aspect. Playing it on the ā€œeasyā€ combat mode - 0.4x hp I think. Almost too easy so might have to bump that up.

Oh, and thinking of getting a new tv to replace my 40ā€ Sony from 10 years ago. A 65ā€ Sony - about $1800. Seems like a good deal? I know nothing about tvsā€¦

1 Like

iOS - Star Realms, Marvel Strike Force and Solgard.

Also I have Stardew Valley now, as I have 3 hours spread out over the weekend when my 6yo is in swimming lessons, piano lessons, art class and Tai Kwon Do, and I am bored of what I have on my iPad when I have no wifi (I donā€™t have wifi iPad obvs.)

Mac - Last weekend I started Battle Chasers: Nightwar and was loving it. I only got a few hours into it though, and did not have time to play during the week. So hoping to find some time this weekend.

1 Like

US Dollars? We got a 65ā€ Samsung about a year ago for $1,000. I know there is a lot more that goes into a TV than just the size, but whatever technology makes a TV at the same size ā€œbetterā€ than another is completely lost on my eyes and my capabilities anyways. Also keep in mind that Black Friday deals are just around the corner.

3 Likes

This is how you know they had fun. I canā€™t remember the last time I gamed where we didnā€™t need a calculator as the game wore on. My friend actually got some deal on amazon for a dozen cheap calculators and put one inside every one of his 18xx games.

2 Likes

For $1800 it might be OLED? Actually, I think those would be even more expensive. I donā€™t know, I havenā€™t bought a TV in so long that Iā€™m way behind the curve on tech.

We also have a 65" Samsung that I think we got for about $1200 a year and a half ago and I am pretty happy with it. My only complaint is the occasional ad in the smart menu.

Probably Vampire: the Masquerade Bloodlines. Man, I wish my friends in college had been into Vampire instead of DnD. Would have been cool.

Valkyria Chronicles 4, Terraforming Mars, Obsession, Arctic Scavengers, and Sniper Elite 4.

1 Like

Calculators and flow charts. We know how to party!

1 Like

Let me know how Sniper Elite 4 goes. Good old Rebellion.

1 Like

Aussie dollars, sorry!

Youā€™re over in Aussie Bael? I didnā€™t know. If ever, for some godforsaken reason, you find yourself in Christchurch New Zealand then let me know. I could probably find us a board game group every night of the week at this rate. Itā€™s a super long shot but Iā€™m in Perth in January if youā€™re a WA miner and looking for a game.

I am certainly a WA Miner that lives in Perth :wink:

Ios: Marvel Strike Force, completing my last game of the Star Realms league.
PS4: Continue Valkyria Chronicles 1, which I finally started this week
Cardboard: undecided yet, either Terraforming Mars or the newly revived Horizons from Kickstarter.

Somehow my friend and I just couldnā€™t get into Fort Sumter, even if weā€™re both big ACW games fans. We found it to be a pale copy of 13 minutes.

1 Like

Really quite good. Somewhat realistic rifle ballistics combined with Hollywood sensibilities. So trucks go up like napalm soaked in petrol with one well-placed bullet, but you have to adjust for bullet drop (theyā€™ve included range presets for 0-500 metres this time, which is ace) and windage (no scope setting, you just have to do it by eye), and I think the wind is merely a uniform value across whatever the range is, rather than a varying one regardless of where your bullet travels. The bullet cams are gorier than ever. The level design is accomplished, youā€™ve got plenty of opportunity for sneaking, long range shooting, and setting traps throughout environments that are more intricate than they look.

iOS:Starting a Darkest Dungeon run on the Stately Estate next. Iā€™m trying OSRS to see if itā€™s up my alley or not (almost certainly not - I donā€™t have the time). More coding, art and music.

Switch: Iā€™m cruising into HR6 with Valor HH on MHGU. Iā€™m getting some help because my armor isnā€™t up to snuff. I need to finish off Village 7* somtime as well. Some Enter the Gungeon, some other stuff. Preordered SSBU.

1 Like