Stately Gaming Hardware

I just ran a browser-based speed test. I was showing 1 bar on the phone and got 50 down and 1 up. I ran a second test on a different site with similar results. Maybe the problem isn’t reception but the sensitivity of the icon? I don’t know. Forgive all my ramblings.

1 Like

Going to resurrect this thread from the dead to gush about my new Roccat Vulcan 120 PC keyboard, which may be the most beautiful piece of hardware I’ve ever purchased. It’s not as clicky as my Das keyboard was, but some of the keys on that were going bad and the lighting on the Vulcan is too pretty to pass up. The exposed switches and LEDs are great for longevity too, as none of the junk that gets in a regular keyboard can hide in this one. I read some complaints about the Roccat software, but so far haven’t had any issues (I haven’t tried programming any macros, as this is purely a work keyboard). Also just realized I may have something of a keyboard obsession…

eta: It uses Roccat’s own proprietary switches, but they’re comparable to the Cherry MX Brown. Might be the way they’re designed, but I’d swear the Das keyboard with the same switches was louder.

eta2: realized my Das had Cherry blues - no wonder it was louder!

1 Like

Looks awesome. I would have bought one in a heartbeat back in my LoL days.

I love the thinness of that. I bought a Razer Blackwidow about 6 months ago, and while I like it, it has software problems with OSX. It is also really high up, I like that thinner keyboard. I also have all sorts of color options on it, and it syncs with my Razer mouse.

I almost bit the bullet on the Roccat Leadr wireless mouse so they’d sync, but I can’t justify using a gaming mouse at work - I like my Logitech Master too much. I looked at the Corsair K70 too, and was almost sold on it since you can get the Cherry Blue switches, but… this thing is way too pretty to pass up. I really like how they did the small key tops on top of the switch, so the whole mechanical part of it is exposed. It really lets the LEDs shine off of the aluminum, and the effects when it changes color (on its own) have to be seen to be believed. Works smoothly with Windows so far, but I’m not sure about Mac OS…

As a staunch but stupid defender of Logitech Hardware, I swear by the G510s Keyboard but dear lord is cleaning them a pita… That at least seem to be not an issue with Roccat’s stuff at least

2 Likes