Stately Balls Of Steel

This table is a bitch. I haven’t completed one mission yet. Not one. Right when I figure out where to start shooting and get my aim down, the time runs out. :angry:

I only managed to get over 60M a couple times and that was from getting the multiball when the T-rex jumps down on the main floor. Not sure what I’m supposed to do there, either, but I scored a lot of points…

The tick on the right disappears when tour mode is activated, even though the game still says that magnasave is stacked. Am I missing something?

I have still yet to get the multiball (other than the perimeter fence).

I’m pretty sure the tick disappearing is a bug. I’ve reported it on the zen forum, and another poster says they have the same problem on android but can still activate magnasave from their controller.

The multiballs on this one take a concerted effort to activate. Some other tables give them away like candy. That’s just how it goes I guess

I’m getting better, but still can’t complete any missions. This was pretty much all done by getting a ton of combos.

Yeah, all the harsh timers make it hard to finish missions. The most I’ve finished in a match is 2. My best is 163M now that I finally triggered a stampede multiball… All 3 ball losses came from the bugged magnasave on tour though. It is pretty abusable if that was fixed though.

It’s going to be a much tighter finish this time then. I’ve been struggling to break my high score for a week, so hardco may well take this one out. Im at 138 mil, and I’m not really coming close to that anymore

I’m way off the top scores. I struggle with the table’s timers.

1 Like

I hate to do this, but…

(Ok I don’t hate to do it to hardco, because he has beaten me with the last move of a game more times than I can remember)

…but I’ve just got a score of 191mil.

I’m happy if this score doesn’t stand, as it’s the 15th of March where I am and this tourney ended on the 14th. But I just wanted one last blast before we timed out.

A solid round, losing 2 balls in the trex chase. I also got a 40 mil stampede and the full 20 from the chaos mode. The rest was combos, a complete kitchen mode, and a failed hunt mode.

By my book it stands. We never really set a time zone and I don’t know that we need to get that official with it. I’m in the US central zone and it’s still only 6:35pm.

Have no idea is this is pathetic, but figured someone needed to set the bar (low).

Going from the past two tables to Black Knight is culture shock.

This feels like losing an eBay auction to last minute bidding!

Is Black Knight the next challenge? I tried the demo, and the physics felt really off. That and I scored 3,300 on my first try…

The ball feels a bit light and floaty, but it’s also lightning fast on the main table. It’s a simple table, rule wise, but a big part seems to be the Magna saves which I can’t ever get to work. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong (they’re active) but I could just be too late.

Once you get used to the different feel, it’s a fun table. Getting the hang of it.

Switching from Zen to Pinball Arcade feels like switching from Sonic the Hedghog to Mario 2.

Holy sound effects Batman.

I’m sure they were cutting edge once upon a time, now they just cut

How have I missed this thread? I’d like to join the tournament. I’m a little unclear as to how we post our scores (if on mobile). It looks like people are playing on multiple platforms. Should I just post a screenshot like @Neumannium is doing?

In regards to the disappearing magna save button on the Jurassic Park table, I sent a bug report to the devs and they responded by saying it is indeed a bug with the Tour modes. I also noticed the nudge is disabled during Malcolm’s mission. As a work around, I use all my magna saves before starting either Grant’s or Malcolm’s mode. You can relight the magna saves during and after the mission without issue. But if you have a magna save lit during those missions the button will indeed disappear until you drain the ball.

Just post your scores here in this thread. No screenshots necessary unless you really want to show off.:wink:

1 Like

I finally got Magna save working. How to best use it is a different matter, but you get heaps of them so I’m sure I’ll have plenty of practice.

There’s an option in the settings to move the Magna save buttons. I moved them up to 15% as it’s right under where my thumbs normally sit. When you hit the button the Magna save activates for a few seconds, and will save a ball as it passes over the Magna save spot. There’s no physics defying super magnet in this one. I think it literally only catches the ball when it passes over the circle. That means you’re going to have to activate the Magna save before the ball has even come close to draining.

As a long-time connoisseur of all things Black Knight, I’d describe the Pinball Arcade version as “like you’re the first person to ever play this particular table.” It’s like the owner of the 7-Eleven just got through putting it together.

It is super-fast, for sure, and also a bit bouncy. But, to be fair, Black Knight tables in the real world are often really worn down, with grooves in the shooting lanes, weak flippers, and lethargic bumpers. Play enough of those – and I’ve played them all, it feels like – and anything that approaches the actual 1980 feel can seem like it’s joining Han Solo on a hyperspace ride.

It’s a great old-school table, though, and it’s a good skill table. Shot-making is the key.

1 Like

I like spamming the multiball. It’s fairly simple to get a 3-ball mb going and I think it triples scoring.

1 Like

1.2 million … plus frustration. Worst multiballs ever. I’m hoping this score will be heading north.