Stately Balls Of Steel

Looks like I temporarily have the lead with 1.524 mil.

I’m really enjoying the possibilities if you can play cleanly on the top table, and the instant danger any time you drop to the bottom table. I’d love to play this table in real life now

1 Like

This will be my last score for Black Knight. Too many tables to play. Got to get back to finishing th wizard modes on the rest of the Jurassic Park tables.

1 Like

Are we playing any pinball in April?

Shoot, I’ve dropped the ball here. I’ve been bedridden since last Sat. with something straight from the 9th Circle of Hell. Any table suggestions?

A few Ideas:

Pro Pinball is a free app (ad-supported) on iOS and I think android (not sure about other platforms). It only has 1 table called Timeshock! but the physics and lighting are excellent.

Pinball Arcade I like Monster Bash, Medieval Madness, Red and Ted’s Roadshow, Firepower. We could also do a free table of the month but they might be different on each platform. iOS has Big Hurt, Space Shuttle, Dr. Dude, and Starship Troopers.

Zen Pinball/FX has a couple of new Star Wars tables that are coming out April 17, The Last Jedi and Ach-To Island.

Cool news about the Star Wars tables. Let’s do Last Jedi at launch.

Any of those others interest anyone?

We can do Starship Troopers, unless anyone wants a specific table.

2 Likes

Starship Troopers it is.

Service guarantees citizenship!

2 Likes

So embarrassed to admit this … but I’m not sure I can play pinball on portable devices.

I appear to be gripping the iPad either incorrectly or too hard. There’s blisters on my palms, my fingers won’t unclench, and other assorted old-person ailments. I’ve tried different positions for the iPad, holding it more loosely, and whatever else. I can’t seem to combine a comfortable position with the ability to still make shots.

I think the best I can do is play either of the big Wii titles (Williams and Gottlieb) if any of those tables come around again. I’ll continue to monitor the thread.

1 Like

Updated the title; I’ll clean up the leaderboard stuff sometime when I feel better. Who was our Black Knight winner?

I think @univac posted the highest score in the thread. Close one though! Well played

2 Likes

I had a similar problem with overall fatigue from gripping my iPad for long periods of time, particularly during marathon Zen pinball games. I found that sitting on the couch with a large throw pillow in my lap helps a lot. I rest the ipad on the pillow so it takes most of the weight.

I went through a similar thing, not with my hands but with my eyes. After being told by an opthomologist that she was amazed I made it through law school without glasses, I realized that maybe in my adult life my eyes aren’t exactly what they once were. For some time, I was not able to play many games just due to adjusting to the poorer vision brought about by age along with the adjustment to glasses.

I’m not a huge fan of this table. That 3rd flipper is not easy to manipulate on an iPad. And that cellar hole to advance planets and collect recon bonuses is a pain to hit.

1 Like

You killed me, nonetheless.

Don’t worry, this table is really just a bit of a placeholder. Plan on The Last Jedi in a week.

I’m not sure I get the point of the third flipper. I mean, I’m sure I can get a better angle using it, but the button is so hard to find when you’re not looking for it and it doesn’t react the same as the other flippers when you finally do press the button.

That said, your score is about 139 million more than mine, so I’ll just sit in the corner and keep missing the god damned third flipper button.

1 Like

Looking forward, we will start The Last Jedi as soon as it launches. Following that, we will probably go along with popular culture and play an Avengers table. Does anyone have a recommendations? Infinity War?

Fun table with a unique layout. Very easy though. Finished all main modes on my second run. There are 6 scenes which you can select in any order. When I completed all the scenes there was no wizard mode and the the table just reset. I talked to the table designer and it turns out that the 6th scene IS the wizard mode, but you can select it first if you want to which seemed strange to me and not really a wizard mode. But he mentioned that each scene completed adds another ball to the 6th scene (which is a multiball mode) which allows you to rack up more points.

I scored 20M on my first try and was so proud of myself.

2 Likes

Is that Snoopy at the end of that GIF?

1 Like

Oh! I didn’t think his was out until Thurs!