Stately Balls Of Steel

My point in mentioning console tournaments wasn’t to suggest we have another tournament going, Ut that it is a nice way to track these scores over a set period of time. If, for example, you want to set up a Stately Play tournament on Sorcerer’s Lair, ending in the last of the month, anyone who playable on consoles could join in as a way to track the scores as part of our ongoing tourney. That’s on you guys, though, as I rarely play on console. It’s a great feature, though.

Okay, I set up a Pinball FX3 tournament on my Xbox One. Again, according to their FAQ, should be “cross-platform enabled between Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Windows 10 and Steam.”. If I botched it, we can always try again. :slight_smile:

Looks like the name of the tournament is by Xbox Live Gamertag, perhaps that is Microsoft/Zen’s way of avoiding having to monitor tournament names?

• Tournament Name: Airborne Gator
  • Table: Sorcerer’s Lair
  • Length: 14 days
  • Password: StatelyBoS
  • Normal Rules
  • Wizard Power: Disabled
  • Upgrade Slot 1: Disabled
  • Upgrade Slot 2: Disabled
1 Like

Sorry man, but I am not able to find the tournament, I am on PC, playing via Steam and you are shown on my friends-list inside the game. But the tournament is nowhere to be found for me. Maybe I’m just getting old.

I’m just trying the game. You have to grind a lot, isn’t it so? What about those “upgrades” for each table? They seem maybe o. k. when you play all by yourself. But when you are competing for high-scores or at least comparing your score to others, it makes no sense.

I believe he has the tourney set up to play without upgrades, but I don’t know for sure. I think the “leveling up” is pretty lame, too. Our high score tourneys here will all be with classic rules and no leveling up.

I don’t know what went wrong, but I would not be surprised if there are a few glitches in the system. Having said that, I just now searched for it on my Windows PC with a Steam version of Pinball FX3 (not the Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox Play Anywhere version), and it came up for me with searching on Airborne Gator (there is a space in there between Airborne and Gator). Maybe try it now?

As Mirefox says, I put it on Normal Rules, and disabled all the stuff it would let me, Wizard Power and Upgrade Slots.

The ZEN app has only one free table, right?
But I can download the Alien standalone one for free (if I am not mistaken, iPad not near now)
Will it also show up in the main Zen app or do I have to buy it there to have them all in one place?

Ugh, I hate their model. As far as know, if you download the stand alone apps the tables will not appear in the main Zen app. The main app comes with Sorcerer’s Lair for free. Sometimes the stand alone apps go on sale so it gives you a way to nab some other tables for free as long as you don’t mind a separate app. What really frustrates me is when a table goes on sale in the stand alone app but not in the main app.

Great, it worked…Thanks
Are you both? Airborne Gator and Falkenstein? How often am I allowed to play during the remaining 13 d?

As often as you want. It’s who has the highest score at the end.

Thanks the reply.
I can test the free table of each Zen-standalone to see if I like it and then buy it at the main app.

Sorcerer’s Lair: 79.392.270

Havent played a lot of pinball. So when I first started more then a million seemed undoable. But adres quite a bunch of plays it starts to click. Enjoy playing a few games every now and then, so thanks for organizing this.

Heh, yes, I am … on Steam the name Falkenstein was available when I chose it, but I was slower to Xbox gaming than I was to PC gaming, somebody else is “Falkenstein” there and so I had to generate an alternative off the top of my head (all the usual suspects were already taken as Gamertags by the time I arrived on the Xbox scene), so don’t send the Xbox Falkenstein all your money, or include them in your will, use the Steam Falkenstein for that. :wink:

Which means that on the free Sorcerer’s Lair table I have two entries in that online tournament, my Xbox Live Gamertag of Airborne Gator (for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC using the Microsoft store Pinball FX3 client), and my Steam id of Falkenstein using the Steam Pinball FX3 client, which I used to check on the tournament being available to join from Steam. While I’ll miss out on the Steam sales, I’m going to pick up my Pinball FX3 tables from Microsoft since I will get the tables in both the Xbox One client and the Windows 10 PC client that way.

As Mirefox says, I’m just playing my Stately Play friendly games in there since it conveniently will keep our high scores recorded there. The 14 days doesn’t quite take us to the end of the month, but the next option was 30 days.

Phew, after 4 wizard modes, 2 extra balls and endless gargoyle multiballs I have ended up scoring 1.324 billion points. Your move @Mirefox :wink:

It’s beginning to take a long long time to complete one game!

2 Likes

Congrats on the big billion! There’s no way I ever get there!

It seems like there’s a way for us to all be friends in the Zen app? It looks like it’s through Game Center, and I have no idea if it’s still possible to make those connections? Would be fun to see everyone’s scores as I’m flipping and scoring. (Well, as much fun as it is at the end of Battle of Polytopia when I realize everyone else has scores several magnitudes greater than mine…)

I’m Neumannium in Zen, if someone figures out how to send friend invites.

Not sure if there’s a friend mode in Pinball Arcade, and I don’t know what Pinball FX3 is, but will look into it.

Pinball FX 3 is Zen’s pinball platform on consoles and PC. I think I saw a Twitter post that hey we’re looking to implement it on iOS as well but that hasn’t happened yet. It has some weird features that I don’t like where tables can “level” up to increase scoring, but fortunately there is also a classic mode. The best part is the online functionality, including easy tournaments.

I’m Mirefox in Zen but, like you, I have no idea how to add friends since GameCenter is not a thing anymore.

Yeah, this takes way too long to play a game. It felt like half an hour just to play the first ball to 300M. By that point I need to take a break, and if I do anything else on my iPad my game gets wiped out! Where’s the save game option?

I agree, it would be nice if they were able to migrate all platforms to their Pinball FX3 infrastructure, I gather that Sony is not interested in including Playstation in cross-platform tournaments, but I’m liking the current “cross-platform enabled between Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Windows 10 and Steam.” capability, it’s pretty cool and would be even better if iOS and Android were linked in, too. :sunglasses:

Along with the fact that when Apple removed the Game Center app with iOS 10, I don’t know how to add friends … the existing ones that I had from the old site are still there for the apps that use the Game Center service (such as I can see Snotty128, athros, and JammaTal in the Zen Pinball rankings).

I’ll post up our current Sorcerer’s Lair Pinball FX3 tournament screenshot, since it’s likely to be the only one that will ever show me ahead of a @Snotty128 score. :smile:

1 Like

Oh… I can see things have changed during the night. Snotty was way ahead before I went to sleep. I’ll have to try again after work to catch-up with you guys. Very exiting.

I love how this tournament mode works on Steam btw.

I dusted off my old iPod touch 4 which still has game centre on it. I tried to send a couple of friend invites to @Mirefox as ‘mirefox’ but I don’t know if there’s any way to respond to them at the other end on a more recent iOS. I assume they have to be accepted to show on my friends list, or else I got the username wrong

I also found mirefox on the zen leaderboard, so I know I’ve got the right user. Sorry if I’m spamming you with requests

I am Mirefox, but I don’t see any invites anywhere, so I don’t think it’s working.