[FINAL RESULTS] SP Race for the Galaxy Three-Man Challenge

Ah, thanks.

Camping this weekend with no wifi, so probably no moves from me until Mon. If no moves by Tue then probably eaten by bears. :bear:

3 Likes

Managed to get a jump on all the goals and didnā€™t miss out on a dev/settle action, leading to a very full board.

@TheDukester had a huge military I was worried would turn into the 6 cost dev for heaps of points

IRL: 0-0 me vs bears, ideal match result.
In round 3 table 4: Giant 32, Jason 22, Snotty 11.

Good game @SleepingGiant, I canā€™t believe you got all those military worlds with strength of 2 and 3. To get them all you only had Space Marines and the dev that lets you discard a card to get a military pt for that turn.

@Snotty128 @JaneHatke

I have hit a repeatable bug in our game which prevents progress. I choose my desired action, tap OK, and the game crashes. I will report this and let you know what happens.

Here are the result of a game between KKakerDude 39, MaryJaneHatke 25, and Jason 22.

My last action was to gamble at the gambling world, perhaps we need to avoid that card if itā€™s causing problems

@Snotty128 @JaneHatke

Jeff from TempleGates Games responded as quickly as ever ā€¦ and regrets to tell us that our game is corrupted and cannot be recovered.

We need to start a new one ā€¦ I will send the invites out now ā€¦

the very same reproducable crash just now in my Galactic Master challenge game with @Jules!
Jeff Gates from TempleGates said they would investigate the crash.
i had activated the ā€œsettings/analytics/share with developersā€ option to forward crash data to them.

Julesā€™ last action had been to use the Gambling World :persevere:
for two times before he had won a card by using it and it was ok, this time he has lost his ante for the very first time.

@Snotty128, had you lost your ante too?
seems like the game is thrown out of sync by this.

Yup lost my ante. It was the first time I used the card so Iā€™m not sure if it would work if I had won.

Zebracadabra 45
@KYakerDude 39
@whovian223 23

Omg, 42 vps from Rebel and Imperium! Gg, guys. I doubt Iā€™ll ever repeat that.

An observation in the case of game ending bugs: if the game has progressed to the point that the winner is not in doubt, I suggest we accept the score at that point as the end result.

There were only half a dozen cards in each tableau, so it was really anybodys game still

For clarity, Iā€™m the mhatke in the result reported by @KYakerDude

@KYakerDude 39
Me 25
@jason1002 22

GG!

Jules having used the Gambling World successfully twice without causing a crash suggests it might be the fail being the bad boy.

Weā€™ll take game-stopping crashes on a case-by-case basis ā€¦ and hope that thatā€™s our only one.

I will say that Iā€™m not comfortable with declaring a winner. This is a game where 14-point developments are routinely dropped as the 11th and 12th cards. The visible scoreboard often doesnā€™t tell the tale.

But letā€™s just hope it doesnā€™t come up again.

Also, Gambling World is a stupid card. Itā€™s causing these crashes just from the gravitational pull of its suckiness.

2 Likes

Whoops. Thanks for the correction.

i object! as i had already posted on Slack:

the card has great potential.
my opponent used it twice for great benefit.

1. flipped Merchant Guild, Pan-Galactic Research, Star Nomad Lair and Galactic Renaissance.
    kept P-G Research.
  2. flipped Rebel Stronghold, Galactic Resort, Galactic Imperium, R&D Crash Program.
    kept R&D CP.

itā€™s like a free Explore action. you can choose the best fit for your strategy.
it will be triggered quite often when played early.
and itā€™s low cost.