"Potion of Stately Players' Joy" Challenge for 1on1 Potion Explosion

thanks to KYakerDude’s inspirational idea let’s start a new challenge on auto-run (just like the “Crown of Cthulhu” thread) for Potion Explosion.

as credit for his great idea i declare KYakerDude as
first owner of the exploding Potion of Prismatic Joy :champagne: :surfer:
abbreviated as PoPJoy :grimacing:

“I now declare this bazaar opened!”

I’m in!

I’d say wait 48 hours and randomize the “ins” and number one becomes the challeger, etc. it wouldn’t be fair for me to be first. I had inside knowledge!

I also claim the title!

not really, Alan.
i told you about this challenge some time after i had created the thread.
so no unfair advantage, as you can see: topic created 7h ago, and your post 6h ago.

let me repeat the rules for these kinds of free challenges’ threads for all players who have not played in the CoC Challenge:

no waitlist. first come, first served.
just no instant rematch (at least 1 day break to give other players a chance to jump in.)
when a challenge outcome is announced, the first who sees the announcement can jump in to challenge the Owner of the “Potion of Prismatic Joy”.
kind of roughneck fun for sure :stuck_out_tongue:

so feel free to challenge @KYakerDude, Alan.
sorry, @JHTaube, but no waiting list.
you can take a chance when the result of the match for the PoPJoy will be announced.
believe me that things will calm down after some time, so that every player will get his chance.
eg the wearer of the Crown of Cthulhu has not been challenged for many hours just now.

Ok, I’ll challenge Kayaker but I think the list was exciting as you could see yourself moving up towards the day of destiny.

Not sure how this works, but count me in. Just tell me what I need to do…

just try to be the first to catch the new/old “Owner of the Potion of Prismatic Joy” when the result of the challenge match will be announced.
only then you can challenge him.

hmm, that would be a new kind of challenge.
collecting interested players, and then running random.org to determine the challenger.
or the “King In Yellow”-style challenge with a waitlist of challengers.
but for both these events someone would have to update the thread permanently.
i did it for KIY, but don’t feel like doing it again just now.

this Tiara-style (inspired by an Qt3 event) challenge is on auto-run mode and needs no effort by an organizer.
the players themselves have to announce the results of the matches by adding a personal chosen symbol/icon to the line:

the winner ads his personal icon to the line of up to 12 icons.
when reaching 12, from then on the rightmost icon will be pushed off the virtual “conveyor belt”, that is: will be deleted.

example: if KYaker will defend the :champagne: vs Zebracadabra
he will have to post: KYakerDude owns the :champagne: :surfer::surfer:
ready for a challenge.

that’s all the winner has to post. any player who sees it can jump in and declare to send a challenge.
rematch possible after 1 day break.

Expand upon that last paragraph please. Jump in after a day break? Does jumping in mean posting here, or to issue a challenge from within PE?

I think you challenged me in Cthulhu Realms instead of PE. I sent you an invite to get this Challenge going.

First challenge underway!

24hrs break only applies to rematches (just to give all other players the opportunity to challenge the Owner).

“jumping in” means doing both:
posting a short message to inform all players that the new title match is underway, so avoiding multiple ingame challenges.
and sending the challenge inside of PE.

Nice game @Zebracadabra. I thought I had you a few turns ago, but you came raging back. My last turn I knew I could win if I just didn’t have to use the professor to pull a marble. But it couldn’t be done. GG.

If @Zebracadabra has the :champagne::bee::surfer: then I challenge him for the title!

:champagne::honeybee:

Did I do this right, Michael? The potion followed by my icon? I chose the bee because it’s the only one with stripes. No zebras.

Anyway, ridiculously entertaining game. I had nothing on my first turn and a tempo behind is typically death. I played defensively on my next to last turn, seeing @KYakerDude needed yellow. I took away three yellow and another three appeared. Did it again and another three trickled down that lane! Last turn was the stuff dreams are made of, enabling me to take both potions for 14 and the medal I needed for my seventh category. True to form, KYaker nearly pulled it off anyway. Gg!

what an amazing score (74-73)!
both game reports sound like fun and seem to confirm that PE is a great 2P game :+1:

let me correct the line of symbols:

Zebracadabra owns the :champagne: :bee::surfer:
JHTaube is the challenger.

I already had two turns, including the first, where I couldn’t do either potion and was just so far behind, it made better sense to forfeit the game. Arrgghh, that was so ugly but kudos to Joe for scoring so well. He had 76 and was likely to score more, including the last medal.

Someone step in or I will challenge!

That’s the one downside to Potions. The “positive feedback loop” is strong with this one.

To make it official. Final score 90-46.
JHTaube owns the :champagne::microscope::bee::surfer:

1 Like

i’ll send a challenge :nerd: