Decathlon 2022 Preparation

Sigh. Well folks unfortunately I can’t tell how many of the 21 sets of votes are legitimate but frankly I would be a little surprised if there has been a huge amount of “voter fraud” happening here. I’d like to think this community is more honest than most!

(Side note: I’m also extremely surprised that RCV123 doesn’t even have the most basic “one vote per IP” check in place. The best “security” mechanism they offer is to verify emails but even that would not prevent multiple votes. It makes the programmer in me cringe!)

However, I will also say that the top 5 has largely stayed the same since the first handful of votes were cast. So, I’m going to go ahead and run a regular SP poll here and trust that we will all be happy - these are all great games!

1 Like

2022 Decathlon Game #10 Final Selection Rating

I know there are a couple of games in this list that people might want to vote “against”, so I’ve broken this up into 5 votes with step values.

NOTE: LOW SCORE WINS - vote low if you WANT to play the game, vote high if you DON’T

Ideally everyone picks a 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 vote but I can’t enforce that so do what feels right folks. I have faith in the community and the power of voting!

Small World - vote low if you WANT to play it

0 voters

Viticulture - vote low if you WANT to play it

0 voters

Everdell - vote low if you WANT to play it

0 voters

Istanbul - vote low if you WANT to play it

0 voters

Concordia - vote low if you WANT to play it

0 voters

1 Like

Hey @Codington are we calling this Concordia? If so, I would like to get a practice game or two in.

Patience, @kennfusion, patience. :wink:

I’m going to post one last call for votes to the main Decathlon thread now and call the results tomorrow.

1 Like

Funny, I thought waiting 4 days was being patient…of course…I also think I am good at filtering the things that come into my head, but other people think I don’t filter so well. :laughing:

1 Like

I like to give these things a week since everyone’s availability and time on the site is different. I’d rather have to wait a little longer but give everyone a chance to join/vote/comment, etc.

Having made another “call to action” and since it would be nice to start practice games on the weekend, I’m okay with making the decision at the end of the day tomorrow or first thing Saturday. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok, 3P practice games of Concordia - I’m in, @kennfusion was in 3 days ago (:wink::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) - who else wants to get a game in?

Maybe mention as well if you are just refreshing or if you’ve never played before so we can set up some appropriate practice tables.

Happy gaming!

1 Like

I’ve never played Concordia, so I could definitely use some practice.

Im in

I could also use a practice game. Never played before, but I did take several years of Latin in high school. That should help, right?

1 Like

Here’s a couple of “how to play” videos for Concordia:

Super quick run overview from “3 Minute Boardgames”

More detailed but still concise video from “Nights Around a Table”

I’m happy to take on a couple of games…

Room: Decathlon Practice 1
Pwd: Decathlon1
@Codington
@kennfusion
@Mirefox

Room: Decathlon Practice 2
Pwd: Decathlon2
@Codington
@geigerm (couldn’t find you but you can still join)
@doublebullout

3 Likes

now that I’ve completed a game against the easy AI, I’d appreciate a practice game if anyone else is interested

1 Like

I’ll play if we can get a third or fourth.

1 Like

Is it just me, or are notifications in Concordia not working at all? Not even the badge works.

They have been reliable for me as far as I’ve noticed.

Working fine for me as well. Could be the usual GC random lack of badges for you but also never hurts to check Notifications under Settings.

Check to see that you’re updated, too. Concordia updated 3 days ago on iOS.

Forgot to post after… GG @kennfusion and @Mirefox! It was getting too close for comfort, so I grabbed the 7 points for ending the game - and apparently that was the right choice! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I forgot how scoring worked at first and had to look it up eventually. I completely forgot that the cards were multipliers in some cases. But good practice game. GG

1 Like