Counter insurgency war game, Afghanistan '11, coming to iOS next week

To be fair, I think its a tremendous game, once they sort out the bugs. And the crashes.I was really enjoying it until I hit the bug - I hate bugs like this because it takes ages to confirm that you just haven’t misunderstood the rules.

Yeah - for $30, maybe wait!

Price was definitely a consideration with this one, although it usually doesn’t factor into my decision making with iOS games - I would gladly pay and have paid that for games. Were I not obsessed with WHQ2 and TtA lately I probably would’ve pulled the trigger on this one, even at that price point.

Ditto on the price giving pause. Usually I believe in putting my money where my mouth is and paying a proper price for premium games, and I’ve been looking forward to A’11, but £20 is enough to make me go hm- especially with FarmVille in Space Hades’ Star and WHQ2 already absorbing lots of time.

Also, despite fucking Brexit, £20 does not yet equal $20.

Further also, this is Slitherine who were content to let premium games wither on the 32-bit vine looks resentfully at Qvadriga

1 Like

Yeah, all of that is a consideration for me.

But the main one for me is the difference between taking a chance on a game that I may not play but looks interesting and wanting to support the developer, and “If I spend that much money, I have to know I’m going to play it.”

I bought Vietnam '65 when it was on sale (but probably still too much for an “impulse buy”) and really haven’t touched it.

I can’t afford to do that with a $30 game.

Doesn’t help that I can’t find any reviews of the iOS version at all, coupled with @feederofgoats crash and bug issues.