Ascension: War of Shadows Tournament [Complete]

Ah. Sending another one.

KyakerDude: Thatā€™s your Player ID, too?

ā€œKayak,ā€ without the A, at the beginning?

Ughā€¦ lost way worse than I anticipated to @rinelk, 98-79. Iā€™m blaming the damn leprechaun :slight_smile:

Rightly. A first-round leprechaun is worth a crapload of VP.

And a second loss of the evening to @TheDukester. Another close one in VPs and I lost by one point, 65-64ā€¦

Well, games wrapped up and I must say, a 3-3 record is significantly better than my 0-5 record last tournament :slight_smile:

Manipulation of the day/night cycle is risk/reward, but if you et it right it is insane how much value you can generate

Yes. I have the invite. I have a few too many games going at once so Iā€™m not ready to start just yet.

And @KYakerDude falls to the curse! I swear, I get the cheesiest wins. In this tournament, I have a win by tie score and, now, a win by one point, while in the Summoner Wars tournament Iā€™ve out-rolled my opponents by a truly startling margin. I feel like I need to pre-emptively apologize to everyone I play from now on.

LOL.

Oh, the irony.

Good game. I thought I had it in the bag, then your last turn racked up a bunch of points. I had a good final turn, but what do I see? One point!

Cheesy games:
Iā€™m playing another non-tourny game with three players. I managed to get two Leprechauns and have whittled my deck down to almost 5 cards. Soon every turn will be playing two Leprechauns and collecting goldā€¦ Weā€™ll see if this is a winning strategy or not.

2 Likes

The leprechauns are kind of cool, but it would be nice to be able to decide whether or not to play with them.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Improved my record to 2-2 with a 90-80 win over @KYakerDude. I led VPs most of the game so was surprised by the ten point spreadā€¦

So I guess the tiebreak goes to whoever played last?

Hardco over @Blackfyre 91-91!

After your last turn I was sure I had lostā€¦

Another close one vs @robthomasson , 78-77.

Good games all!

Narrowly defeated @js619 on the last turn by playing the big 10-star guy.

Gg!!!

And yes, ties go to the last player

1 Like

Less than twenty VP diff at the end of my game with @JHTaube.

halfvoid (77) over JHTaube (60)

One of the stranger rules in all of gaming.

Maybe something to do with a slight 1st player inbalance?

I donā€™t know.

Thatā€™s weird, but I got to accept it, I guess. Itā€™s my first game to tie not only in the end result, but also in the VP earned through cards and monsters.
Gg anyway @hardco

1 Like

Itā€™s definitely an offset for the first-player advantage.

And not much of one, honestly. Not many Acsension games end in ties, especially with recent sets sending scores into the stratosphere.