Ascension: DoC/WoS Tournament [Tourney complete]

Brave games by @KYakerDude but I managed to take both of them. Much closer than they appeared, though.

Good games!

1 Like

You pretty well creamed me. Good luck.

Hardco over @whovian223 2-0 (79-53, 85-79)

First game I went heavy lifebound after picking up one of the +3 honor unite guys first round. I got lucky and kept pairing them up through the game.

Game two could have gone either way, with my heavy mechana deck against whovian223ā€™s void deck. At one point I generated 12 ascension bucks and couldnā€™t buy anything in the center rowā€¦

Good games whovian223!

Yeah, I just couldnā€™t get anything going that first one. Thought I might have a chance in the 2nd with a couple of lucky rallies, but not enough.

Good games!

Quick update:

The bottom part of the bracket is done, with @hardco advancing to the championship.

The top part of the bracket is waiting on @Blackfyre and me. We just finished our first game, a 91-66 slog of a victory for me in which neither one of us could do much of anything with the center row for the first 5 rounds or so. Hopefully weā€™ll get game 2 (and game 3?) done a little quicker and keep this thing moving: @robthomasson and @TheDukester are waiting. Apologies for the slow pace.

@geigerm when is a good time for you to game during the week?

@Blackfyre Unfortunately, there isnā€™t a consistently good oneā€“thatā€™s part of the problem. Iā€™m tied up until at least 10 EST every day ā€¦

This is a casual tourney so we donā€™t need to rush it. I was just noting that our matches are the last to finish in the early rounds.

@geigerm has beaten me 2-1 and moved on to the semi-finals.

I won the first game and felt comfortable throughout. The second game was much tighter and quite an epic struggle for me ā€¦ in vain as Mike G ended up winning with 113 to my 107. The last and deciding game was decidedly uncomfortable for me ā€¦ Mike snagged an early Moonveil Clique plus necessary support and once it appeared it never went away. The extra purchasing power led to a situation where every playback of a @geigerm turn started with me realising that he had gained 10+ power during that turn, and then having to watch him do it. He won extremely comfortably.

Well played Mike ā€¦ now you have to win the whole thing for my benefit.

1 Like

Thanks Rob! I knew I was in trouble very early in the first gameā€“as you said, it was a comfortable win for you. I think the second game came down to what I had in my deck, as I drew the Mechana champion and went with a construct-heavy build. The cards were very kind in that third gameā€“Moonveil Clique can be a real killer when grabbed early, and Lifebound cards kept showing up in the center row, which helped me support that card.

Iā€™ll do my best to follow through on your request ā€¦

Championship, bronze match are now both ready to play.

The Great Pez Dispenser smiled upon me against @geigerm. And killing Duros with night in play is such a big swing that itā€™s almost unfair. Well-played, @geigerm.

Time to settle this thing!

1 Like

Congrats on the wins, @TheDukester. The first game wasnā€™t close, and I could feel the second game slip away about halfway through.

@TheDukester and @Hardco will battle for the title, while @whovian223 and I play for third place. Good luck!

Same to you!

Curious, as mentioned elsewhere I see a pattern emerge here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good Luck to all of you!

What can I say? Iā€™m consistent. :grin:

1 Like

@TheDukester and I are going into game 3, with 1 game each going to whoever got off an early Rallyā€¦

a clash of Titans of Ascension.
CoToA :smirk:

hardco over @TheDukester 2-1 (71-58, 52-94, 119-72)

The final game went a lot of turns due to a lack of monsters. Both of us had a ton of constructs, but my ā€œif dayā€ constructs were doing a lot of the heavy lifting for me with the Searing Askaras helping out with keeping things day. I thought the game was a lot closer than the final score showed.

Good games TheDukester, and thanks for organizing @geigerm!

1 Like

Yeah, that one just started to spiral on me. It didnā€™t help that I left way too many points on the board ā€“ twice ā€“ with Shepherd of the Lost. User error, for sure.

Still, that would have only changed the final score. You played better throughout; the victory is deserved. No more trophy jpegs for me.

Congratulations, @Hardco; thanks to @geigerm for organizing.

1 Like

Congrats to @Hardco on the win and @TheDukester for a great run to second place.

As usual, the third place match will finish after the championship. Iā€™m up 1-0 over @whovian223 after just finishing game 1.

1 Like

Game 1 was kind of even until you just clobbered me with two horrifying-to-watch turns back to back to end the game.

Yikes!

1 Like