Apple Arcade Discussions

I’d love to hear what you think of Pilgrims … I gave it a try and found it was ultimately not for me, but hopefully you enjoy it.

I did one play through the night it came out. Was fun Enough. Haven’t gotten back to it.

Ok, A Monster’s Expedition has finally pushed me to take a punt on Arcade; I loved A Good Snowman, and couldn’t resist a shot at more from the same folks. So, what have I missed that I should look at from the year that this thread has been dormant?

IMO, Exit the Gungeon is the only worthwhile game on that service.

But others seem to like Card of Darkness and whatever else.

A Monster’s Expedition is excellent–makes me glad I’ve kept the service.

I enjoyed Card of Darkness and Grindstone but finished neither.

Guildlings is a nice bite-sized RPG that fits well on mobile; what’s available is only the first chapter, though, and I’m not sure when the rest is coming out.

Overland is excellent, too, and I think it plays a little better on mobile than on PC.

I’ve downloaded a bunch of other Arcade games and haven’t tried them yet … there may be more worthwhile out there.

1 Like

I think Cosmic Express is made by the same people and it’s on sale for a buck right now.

1 Like

I’m not on Apple Arcade, but I expect mini motorways has continued to improve since launch

1 Like

Forgot that one–yeah, Mini Motorways is still very good.

I just got the one month Apple one free subscription, so I’m back into Apple Arcade for a month. Anything that I shouldn’t miss?

First stop is mini motorways, I didn’t even bother to delete it from first time round, I knew I’d be back

I enjoyed Manifold Garden. Kind of a trippy escher-esque environmental puzzler that uses shifting gravitational direction as it’s main mechanic to solve puzzles, explore new areas etc. I played it on my ipad. Not sure how well it would play on a smaller iphone screen.

1 Like

I only mean this politely but this thread already has quite a few “must have” mentions, some just a few above your post. Don’t think there’s been much worthwhile released since those either. AA is a rather “Arcade” service as it turns out.

But my suggestions, as before, would be Exit the Gungeon and Card of Darkness.

1 Like

Depends what you like. The Bradwell Conspiracy is a nice 3D adventure game with a satisfying narrative. My only complaint is some of the text that helps point where it’s going could be hard to read on a phone.

Guildlings is great, but not a good choice if your account will expire since the story is unfinished.

Assemble with Care is a low-stakes puzzle game with a narrative by the team from Monument Valley. It plays quick and I liked it, but it’s definitely not something that will appeal to everyone.

1 Like

The more I think about this change, the less I like it. I assume this now means I have to subscribe to Arcade to continue playing games like Threes that I’ve owned for years. If true, that’s some serious B.S. …

(edit) … although, the flip side of that is making some older games part of Arcade hopefully ensures continued support for newer devices, rather than watching them fall victim to another “appocalypse.” So, clearly, I’m not quite sure what to think.

(edit #2) So, good news after looking at the new Arcade setup—the rereleased apps have new names (Good Sudoku+, for example), so it doesn’t affect apps I already own. Those old apps probably won’t get much more support, but at least I have them still.

Oooo, a Star Trek game. Wonder if it is any good?

1 Like

Narrator: it wasn’t.

5 Likes

My gut call from the screenshots says it’s a tactical rpg where the crew of the various enterprises murder their way through the galaxy. The stats and levels on the few roster suggest the cookie cutter freemium mechanic of opening packs to grossly inflate numbers, which you then grind against a series of other numbers in order to “win”.

Is anyone still subscribing? Do any of you think it is worth it? I really want to try the Clap Hanz golf game. I haven’t tried Arcade out yet.

I just resubbed in April when they launched like 50 new games on there. I still play Mini Motorways a lot, playing Reigns for the first time, Simon’s Cat and Taiko Pop Tap is a huge favorite of my daughter. There is a new Kingdom Rush coming to Apple Arcade soon also.

Kingdom Rush is a favorite in my house. I may have to try this out. I still with the games we’re offered at a premium in addition to “free” with the sub, but oh well.